Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Delta V(space sim) more vids

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 16:53 Edited at: 19th May 2005 17:01
well this is a new quickly slapped together vid of ingame so far .

shows new ship and radar working . some of the new camera zoom

oh and the muli-turret fire controll working.

Video.wmv

this is what will be in 1.75
i hope to get some time this weekend comming to knock out the updated demo. 1.25 is still on my forums for DL.

www.ejectedcore.com

2 + 2 = 5 (for extreamly large values of 2)
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
nice.. but why i c some site on the movie?

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
click here to return your 5sec.
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2005 03:32
Looking real nice; reminds me of the Colonial Marines ship from ALIENS... like a big gun

Dumbo and Cool - DEFINATELY coming July 31st.
Also in development: Oddworld RTS, A Wonderful Thing and Scarecrow
Prime_8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2005 19:14
GogetaX .. fraps is a free FPS counter / benchmarking app and it let you grab 30 second movies all in teh unregesterd version ..
hence the www.fraps.com

Drew.. thanks i play by the rules for big ships .. if it could make a cool gun in some direction .. then it will make a cool ship in some direction .. LOL
ther are more vids and pics on my site.

Bestotr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 07:11
Hmm ...

will there be bigger ships in the final game ?

(i hope so)

But good work ... the bigger ship looks very good ...
Prime_8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 13:57
yah there will be bigger ships ..
ultimately that will be up to you .. LOL

hehe I will build a first person and multi player experience / example .. and leave the system extremely open to modding . this whol thing is meant for end users to get together and make thier own corner of the universe ... and then i'm not shure how i will handel the linking yet but i have ideas .. lots and much work in VB 6 to convert from working text based client/server usin winsoc .
the end goal is you will build your own ship and can interract with teh outside net in 2 ways each 2 options .. the options are use the media the game comes with .. or make a DL avalible for player
mode 1 just DL'ing a text based map file and scrip made by a player in the editor , using custom or native media
mode 2 live multiplayer of either reset media , or dyanmic player created media
chioce will be set by client and server settings. just means some sites won't let you stroll in in your custom 10 turret frigate / destroyer and erase a bunch of local outposts
i will be trying to make dl of custome media hidden during a "warping" or "jumping" screen effect .. and stepping into a alternate univers may see your ship change while there .

and yah i will be putting a list of servers and scripts on my web site for the game. as/if people make them.

any how
well here is a new shot ..

click small image for 1280x1024 jpeg ~200kb ( This is the rez I play.. erm test it at )

this is a test of the pilot perspective for the SSUV

I think it need to be a wee bit higher and forward .. but if you look close you may see the tips of the guns.. but jpeg compression may have killed that detail

note the 3 streams of plasma balls .. heheh this sucker is wicked deadly .. gonna have to make drones faster and give them the ability to shoot back soon !

I'm still working on my spizzics LOL .. I have forward velocity storing .. but I will spoof up some rotational inertia to give a feeling of heft unique to each vessel . right now they all turn on a dime ;D

deciding if I should build a new demo version for tomorrow / today ..

any how ... click small pic to open big one.. 8)

Prime_8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 17:25
demo 1.75 is out . you can pic it up on my forums download section.

known bug .. is mouse overlay issue so be shure you edit teh game.ini to set the game to be the same screen rez as your desktop

Prime_8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 13:28
Bug squished.

you now can have any screen mode you like (800x600 and up) and teh mouse will be just fine .

for those who DL's the demo installer 1.75 just get the new exe here
Patch: fixes mouse and screen rez bug
vracetestM176.zip 1,357KB

those of you who have a problem with the ship going nuts in "F1" free cam mode simply set joystick control to =No in the game.ini

enjoy

Prime_8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2005 17:41
well nother bit done .

thruster and innertial dampers are working LOL

just have to link the thruster effects and booster / turbo effect . then all will look purty

so any how here is a full rez (jpeg compression set a 96%) shot 1280x1024 dvnewscrtw1.jpg 411kb

for those that notice the planet dose turn . real slow like .. LOL .. you have to play for a few hours to see any real rotation. LOL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:15:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:15:53