Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can anyone answer my question?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 05:49
Lets say you finished the game and you want to see if you can install your game on someones computer. Do you need to program the installation process?
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 07:30 Edited at: 22nd May 2005 07:34
Really simple easy to use free installer
just compile your final game take the files you don't want to be installed such as code out and the exe out of the project folder i usually just make a new folder to hold these files on desktop, then point to the exe and point to your project folder for the media and build your installer, then put the files your code and such back into your project folder and you have a installer for your game.

http://installstation.com/

probablly not the best installer out there but it does the job. It allows for some things such as a small bmp and changable font colors couple other options, if you want something more advanced you could search google for free software installers?

Your signature has been erased by a mod -- please resize to under 600x120...
ThomasFN
Years of Service
User Offline
If you really have alot of money (and I mean alot) and your very serious about this you could get InstallShield Pro, an extremly popular installation maker.

Thomas Smith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 21:17:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 21:17:07