Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hi I'm a noob I need help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 08:26
Hello, I just got DarkBasic on Friday. I need help, I tried looking at
the DarkBasic Tutorials in the manual and stuff but I already knew how
to do must of the stuff. The 3d tutorials made me go bananas. I've been
looking at tutorials it's really hard for me to wrap my mind around.
So do anyone have help on making....

A)A Breakout Game
B)A Space Invader Game
C)Something else
That don't cause mind overloads and that a dumby like me can learn.
All help is good help.
Thanks for your time.

Soon to get Dark Basic
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 12:31
ok, maybe u should start with the basic and I can help u if u want. just let me know what do u know for now.

Windows XP,pentium IIII, 1,9 MGZ, 256 mb memory, 128 mb video card ATI Radeon 9200 se s80 'sett squadron back on the assault'
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 06:12
Im too involved with my own game to help you make urs, sry , but ill be glad to teach u/help u learn 3D programming .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 17:10
@ Gil Galvanti

Hi i am new to 3D programming with DarkBASIC Pro, and would love it if you could give me tutorials or any other help.
I have made a 2 minute text based game with an image and music, but thats not going to get me any were so if you could help it would be perfect. All i need is 3D game making help.

Thanks!!

You Don't know the power of the Dark Side!!
Computer Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 02:04
I made some text games, and stuff. I'm working on a game creator.
But because of my limited knowledge of this stuff haven't got too
far. Last night I asked my self why did I get myself into DarkBasic
it's so darn hard to me!

DarkBasic Classic Owner
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 16:20 Edited at: 24th May 2005 16:22
Jono,

Do not overload your mind with high hopes of creating a masterpiece game of our century, or simply a great game. Start off with P.O.N.G. This is where I took my first leap in DarkBasic, and am sure many others did as well.

I too had previous programming knowledge, but yet was overwhelmed by anything 3D. I could not get myself to understand the concepts, until some time. Visit http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=22030&b=7, right inside of the Newcomers forum, to learn to create a 3D pong game. Good luck!

+NanoBrain+
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2005 13:23
Quote: "@ Gil Galvanti

Hi i am new to 3D programming with DarkBASIC Pro, and would love it if you could give me tutorials or any other help.
I have made a 2 minute text based game with an image and music, but thats not going to get me any were so if you could help it would be perfect. All i need is 3D game making help.

Thanks!!
"

o, im sry, i forgot i replied to this . Id be glad to help you. My email is compkid328@aol.com, email with any questions you have, and ill try to answer them. I check my emails daily .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2005 13:53
@ Gil - Where in the US do you live?

Click sig > Look around > Go to forums!!!

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2005 14:20
Texas. Why?

Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 01:03 Edited at: 27th May 2005 01:11
Just wondering.
And Jono,
I can help you with DB(P/C). I'm not perfect yet either, but I'm learning pretty well (I'm working on a project called Super Happy Bunny World).
And Gil, I can do web design for your site if ya' want.

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 01:45
@Squids Revenge:

Quote: "I'm working on a project called Super Happy Bunny World"

what about your game "Driver Remake"?

Visit PanzerGames here
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 02:55
Quote: "And Gil, I can do web design for your site if ya' want. "

Thatd be cool, i dont really have time for that right now, but once the team and i get everything situated, ill definitely tell you

Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 08:48
Quote: " @Squids Revenge:

[quote]I'm working on a project called Super Happy Bunny World"

what about your game "Driver Remake"?[/quote]
I'm workin' on that alone, Super Happy Bunny World has a team set up.
-----
Quote: "Thatd be cool, i dont really have time for that right now, but once the team and i get everything situated, ill definitely tell you"

Ok. I just got Microsoft FrontPage, so I could make you a pretty good site, and still host one for ya'.

Computer Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 01:29
need help making a breakout game!

DarkBasic Classic Owner
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 04:35
Jono,
Youve made 3 threads on the same topic. Please dont do this. It just bumps others threads down and gets you in trouble with the mods. I was guilty of doing this same thing when i was a noob, so ur not the only one . Just use one thread to answer questions on the same general topic . Thanks ,

-Gil Galvanti

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 07:06
@jono

What Gil is saying is true. It makes it hard for the people who are actually trying to help you to follow the progress of yours and their efforts.... (see below)

------------------------------------------

This thread:
(However I think it should be noted this post got hi-jacked by comments on Squids game, and hence lost it's value.)
So a Mod should probably lock this one.

There was another thread:
Where both IanM and I pointed jono to the sticky thread, and codebase. At the end I asked how the tutorial for pong was going (it's not a far stretch to learn pong and then work towards break out). That thread should stay open in my opinion.

But now there's a 3rd thread:
With the same question, and I am all but lost. I'm not going to try to answer someone in 3 seperate threads regarding the same question.

Hopefully a Mod can get out his/her broom and try to clean this up a bit. The titles of the threads are also similar, so I don't even know which thread is which????

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 21:25:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 21:25:50