Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / looking for experienced dbc users willing to help a high-level noob

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, as the title says, i am still a noob, but i have been learning quickly.

any ways, im looking for 1, maybe 2 experienced users of dbc to help me program a basic fps. I know about the website's tuts on monster hunt, but you can only do so much with what they teach you. I want to have a simple ai, a couple of bad guys, and multiple maps, maybe 2 or 3. I also want the little things that are expected, like a menu and hud, and some form of physics......Gravity, slide collision, stuff like that. Please let me know if you would be willing to help. Thank you
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 14:05
i might help but i have dbpro . i can always try to help because dbpro has a lot of the same commadns. do you have any thought in mind? if you do let me know ill help! (need thoughts first). do you have anything to create maps with? do you have something to creat characters with or are you using dark matter or are you goingto make it all cubes and sheres? what do you want help with? tell me and ill help!!!

james bond rules and star wars
Briere
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 14:48
im pretty new my self, ive been working on my fps for about 3 months now, so im sure i can help you out.
Your mother
Years of Service
User Offline
i am not wanting it to be too comlicated. I dont own darkmatter, so i cant use those models, but i will probably buy the darkmatter combo pack early next week. i have the mapeditor that you can find in the dbc showcase, and i own truespace, which can make and convert thousands of models to .x for me. i will be ,unfortunately, relying on free models for my game (atleast for the chars) but i can make scenery and stuff my self. I want some physics, that is really what i need help with. Im not talking hl2, but basic gravity and slide collision. and i want my guns to shoot, if possible, without using the invisble ball bullet. i hope this clarifies my intentions as far as programming. thank you for your willingness to help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:32:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:32:11