Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Few main Characters of my game.. (Pics)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
here is the "Woman - Spell Maker"

this is a "Man - Weapon Master"

and if you guys think its Awesome, so wait until you guys will c the game (i dont gonna tell you guys what type of game it is - just wait for a demo or trailer )

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
click here to return your 5sec.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 18:30
sweet models, I think they'll look extra awesome with textures

and can't wait to see what you make out of this

http://seppukuarts.dbspot.com
Ronin is back on production yey!!
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 18:45
Yeah, looks good... too good!

It can only be an adventure game or some kind of pre rendered affair with models that detailed

Dumbo and Cool - DEFINATELY coming July 31st.
Also in development: Oddworld RTS, A Wonderful Thing and Scarecrow
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
its only main models and i dont think ill put them as a 3d models (to hight poly) but i can also use them in other ways..

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
Snipa Masta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 20:13
Well, they look a lot like Poser models to me. So if I'm right, you're posting 2 renders of art you didn't make (except the weapon things).
Dr Crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice, Sergey, very nice

Home of the RPG: The Sacran http://www.cstudios.bravehost.com

Abandoned competition entry source code for sale! Email nrakosi@gmail.com
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
well, the models is from poser, right, but i did the weapons things, and i maked manualy the cloth and collors and all
only the body is from poser, anyway, i already did that the energy ball of the woman will glow and the weapon will glow eather.. so it will b animatied models (in .png format)..

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 21:06
A fighting game?

Dumbo and Cool - DEFINATELY coming July 31st.
Also in development: Oddworld RTS, A Wonderful Thing and Scarecrow
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
cant tell u guys..

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 21:59 Edited at: 22nd May 2005 22:45
SO you didn't make the models or any textures...and how many polys is that?

It's M-E-G-A-T-O-N. NOT MEGATRON.
DON'T MAKE ME GET THE RABBIT.
STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 22:11
you virtually claimed some models from a preset program. i'd say thats less than 50% of YOUR work. At least try and attempt your own models before you just get them from poser. Its not that hard to model people low poly because its the textures that give it detail. Seppuku has posted some Milkshape tutorials in the 3D section. There is a complete zombie Tutorial that shows you all you need to Model/Unwrap/Texture/Animate your very own human models, and you can do it with virtually any 3d proggy

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<->GLADIATOR ARENA<<
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont understand what is your problem guys.. well, if u have buyed the program, so u can say all what in the program is yours, no? so thats how it is

and i didnt checked how many polys are each...

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 23:24
The problem they are having is that because you cant show us your game yet as its a 'suprise' we can only go on what you have given us...and thats two pics most of which isnt your work....this has a tendancy to annoy people so if I were you id break radio silence and show some game pics so we can see what work youve been doing.

I dont mean to offend i just think you better rescue this before it becomes a flame war and you give yourself a bad name.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 23:30 Edited at: 22nd May 2005 23:31
ahh so that what is it..
well here u go another picture then ^^

this is a picture of the creating character menu..
selecting character menu. (and the effects, also animated!)

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 00:08
Guys ease up on him, at least he's attempting to actually make something. I honostly have no problem with Poser when it's used approprietly(pre-rendered graphics, FMV's, etc.) If what I know is correct, GogetaX is using the right tools for the right job. The same reason we all use DBP/DBC right? Too make content/games quick!

Keep up the good work GogetaX.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
well i already learned gow to decrease the poly of the object and increase the FPS of the game using that objects, so i guess ill use that objects for my game.. (or mabye not.. i dont know exactly)

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 00:30
Quote: "if u have buyed the program, so u can say all what in the program is yours"

ROFL.

So you are saying since I legally *bought* Half-Life 2 I can officialy claim all models, textures, animaton, 2d art, code and music as my own????? YEAH BABY.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 03:18 Edited at: 12th Aug 2005 21:09
@Megaton Cat:
lol..
well im using poser, have problems?

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 03:59
Quote: " @Megaton Cat:
lol..
u didnt get the point..
tell me plz for what Poser is?
and tell me plz for what HL2 is?

Poser is for making models right? so when u making models so u can actually EXPORT it to other formats right (the posers company maked the export feture?)?
but if u thinking that poser is for bored peoples that only love to modeling and do with it nothing, so u STUPID man!
Poser is for making models for games! Example: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (JK3), the players are maked in POSER!

in HL2 u can stole the models, but this will b illegal becouse HL2 is GAME and not Creation Program, but if u saying that u bought HL2 to stole the models, so you STUPID again!

you just dont know what are u talking about man! if you dont have what to say, so it better for u to say nothing!"

I'm sorry but I hardly understood what you just said. Especially all the references to me being stupid.

I realize English may not be your native lanugage but from what I think you're saying is that when you buy a program all it's contents now belong to you? :S

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
when i buying in MY money some program, so all what im making with it its mine.. or you are against the idea of programs?

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 04:19
Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Academy's models were all created in Softimage XSI, not Poser.

Poser is used for creating quick high-polygon generic models.
This is particularly useful if you have a crowd of people you need to create fully rigged in a matter of hours.

It is in no means designed for game creation, because the created results are often 20-30,000 polygons. Although GPUs are getting quick enough to push more and more polygons, using that many real-time is still just a fantasy.

Atleast until the next generation Consoles arrive.

I'd say that it's likely some sort of RPG, perhaps and Action RPG. You can't really tell with just the characters.

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 04:20 Edited at: 23rd May 2005 04:38
You cannot use poser models in anything other than pre-rendering. Read the EULA.

The export functions are there so you can export the model to 3dsmax or maya or whatever so you can use those programs familier to you to create fmvs or renderings etc.

Getting the polycounts down to below 3k polygons is a hell of a job, far much easier and rewarding to make the models yourself from scratch
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
@Tesio: not all, but i already saw some of them in poser..
@Chenak: im not sure about that i cant use..

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 05:24
Quote: "@Tesio: not all, but i already saw some of them in poser.."

I promise you ALL of the game media was created in Softimage|XSI.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
no way man
1) i saw the hair style/type that in poser, that was in the game 2
2) the model is like the poser models
3) and the movment, i saw exactly the same bug that in poser and in the game (movment bug - walking)

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 05:53
Don't argue or speak against Raven. He will find you and butcher you along with any pets you might have.

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 05:56
Quote: "no way man
1) i saw the hair style/type that in poser, that was in the game 2
2) the model is like the poser models
3) and the movment, i saw exactly the same bug that in poser and in the game (movment bug - walking)"

http://www.ravensoftware.com

I suggest you take a visit to thier website, and ask them in thier own forums what they used.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
no site like this.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 06:53
Raven is known for making stuff up. Give him time. He'll come to with a witty remark.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 07:22 Edited at: 23rd May 2005 07:30
wow somewhere along the line I heard my name about me giving a link for tutorials. Lets just comment on that

The tutorials are very easy to use (I've only used the Cinema 4D ones but I'm sure the dude who made them kept up the same quality in all areas) the models are low poly and medium quality (well I think the female face tutorial for C4D is more high quality and low poly)
I know you use poser, but when I was looking for tutorials for my programs and couldn't find them I resorted to Maya tutorials which proved useful because I used the principle.

Question, does Milkshape use dots then you join them up? if they do any milkshape users reading this can use the Cinema 4D character modelling tutorial (The real differance in the tutorial is that to my knowledge Milkshape doesn't use symetry modeling)

@gogeta X the rest of the model looks good even if you didn't do the body.

[EDIT] You can't really take the premade models in a 3D app and make them your own, you pay for the software along, you can use the models themselves but not take credit for them
when you get a 3D app you get a liscence, read it if you are unsure on what you are and are not allowed to do with the poser models, if they don't tell you anything about it then I'm sure you can use them in game tests, my advice really is to make your own (Like I am learning to do, I haven't used any of the TrueSpace or Cinema 4D presets apart from to test animation tools with)

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
@Seppuku Geijutsu: did i asked for money?
i just making new game with this models, and everyone needs to be happy

the game is made from:
3dmax/photoshop and poser (and soon frootyloops - or watever it calls..)

so that is it, the game is combined from 5 programs..

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 08:26 Edited at: 23rd May 2005 12:22
This is looking cool, even if the models are posers.

I'm guessing this is an RPG, or if not, an Action Adventure.

Do you have enough done in game to show us some in-game screens? Or would any screen of the game in progress give away what type of game it is?

EDIT: I hope you just meant the models when you siad your game was combined from five other programs...

Currently working on BlockMan Remix
STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 10:33
Sorry but I cant stand people who dont Make their own content. I will no longer look at this thread.

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<->GLADIATOR ARENA<<
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 12:37
so i spelt the url wrong.. you know you could use one of those two brain cells and have tried a different variation.

i mean after all you'd think trying to claim something like this you'd atleast know the developers who made it.

http://www.ravensoft.com

Scaleru
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, this is going to be difficult to convince someone so bent on using these models, but I'll try. You CANNOT use these models unless you have created them COMPLETELY on your own effort unless you have express written permission from the owners of the original copyright material unless it is for a personal use. This means that while you can use them if you are making the game for yourself, you CANNOT use them in a game that you will be releasing to the public in any way, shape or form, unless you have asked the owners of the content and can show written proof that you have permission. While this doesn't affect any of us if you use your own content or not, you can be sued for stealing media. So its really your own decision, fight back an angry mob of flaming fools, or get written permission, or even make your own media. The choice is yours.

Next theres the issue of claiming this as a W.I.P. Even though you have shown progress, lets assume for a moment that the media is yours, you still haven't shown any progress of the game itself. To keep this thread alive, you need to have in game shots, videos, something to show the game running, not simply a few models and a menu screen. If you wish to keep your game secret, thats fine. But making a new thread in an already over-populated forum isn't going to help the people that are showing proof of their work.

If I have been insulting or rude in any way, I apologise. I merely felt a few things needed to be said.

JW
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 18:12
I don't think i mentioned money ????!!
I think Stalker may have a point, you should really make your own content, but if the game is for personal use, I'm sure its ok. Just assure your self with the liscence of your programs and copyright law

Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 18:20 Edited at: 23rd May 2005 18:21
I belive the eula permits the use of models for fmv and renders. I belive he said he was going to use renders of the models as sprites, not include the 3d files with his game. Also hes just a hobbiest, let him be.

Quote: " Sorry but I cant stand people who dont Make their own content. I will no longer look at this thread."

and I can't stand elitists and I wont apologise for that. Some people are wayyy to far up their own rears here. Most of us are programmers, not modelers or artists! and he is *obviously* a begininer himself even if he would claim not. What about people who use dark matter or simular for their game content? or people who get textures off of free websites? What you said was rude, elitist and most importantly stupid. As far as im concerned people who think like that have no place in a community such as this because its against the nature of who and what we are.

[07:16:59-pm] « Sephnroth » you were dreaming about lee...
[07:17:13-pm] « Mouse » stfu
[07:17:22-pm] « Mouse » he was hanging himself lol
Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 19:36
The main problem with poser models I've seen is they look really dead. I think it might be the eyes. As for the character designs.. well they're are a bit dark so its hard to see but I feel they might be a bit dull perhaps.. I appologize for being so straight forwards about this.. but I think it might be the whole poser thing which isnt working for me. Now I havent actually tried poser, but from what I've read I cant imagine anything made in poser to be used as ingame models. as for Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Academy. I'm pretty sure I've seen that in one of Softimage's showreels for games.. I'll see if I can find it again

Anyway.. I'm not gonna attack you or anything.. I just dont like the poser look.. never had really

*will edit when I find reel

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 20:04 Edited at: 23rd May 2005 20:11
its ok only if they say you can use them, thats why I suggested looking at the liscence, but then again it is only for programming purposes so they should let you use them, I mean its kinda like using the half life models in a game to me, but in some cases I'd say its ok

[EDIT] I'd say its the skin that gives it the dead look, so pale, with a little bit of texture they'd look alive, I've seen poser models that look alive (I'm not lying by the way they do)

@Gogeta good luck with da game, why no telling us no plot! It looks like a fantasy RPG to me, more dungeons and dragons like with a better look.

Scaleru
Years of Service
User Offline
You're almost right Seppuku, but you can't just assume it will be alright for you to use copyrighted material without even inquiring about it. Either way, if this is your first game Gogeta, I'd suggest you take heed of the warnings here and use your own media for future releases. If not, you may end up with a very pissed off company at your door asking for a large check.

JW
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
@STALKER: your problem...
so u guys interesting about if i CAN take models from poser or u guys interesting about the game??

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 22:33
What game? You haven't posted any ingame screenshots or even a description of what it is. Post up some good ingame screens then you'll get better comments
Snipa Masta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 23:24
Why SnipaMasta has a problem with this thread ; and why he's talking in the 3rd person about himself
First of all, you give us no information about the game. You give us 2 screenshots of models not suitable for a game (Poser models were not used in Jedi Knight), but you don't point out that they're not actually yours. They're actually 2 models with some weapons you made put in their hands.
And I felt like speaking in 3rd person.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2005 23:53 Edited at: 23rd May 2005 23:54
@Chenak, Snipa Masta: i have posted the menu of the game, im not gonna show u guys the game before ill done the demo or something

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 00:52
Then how do you expect to get comments on your game...
Tifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 00:53
That is the problem for me more than any question about the models...

A menu screen isn't really enough for a work in progress thread, surely? Well, unless you have a reaaaaaly impressive menu screen or something. why start a thread here if you aren't willing to show any content? As far as I understood, that was the whole point in starting a thread here...

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 02:10
Quote: "i have posted the menu of the game"

That doesn't work anymore.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 02:22 Edited at: 24th May 2005 02:24
@Chenak: well you right, but i cant show u guys the game, its a surprise.

@Tifu, Megaton Cat: as i told u guys before, i cant show the game screenshots until the demo will came out.. and i did much more then the menu..

all what i can say right now, it will b RPG (Not sure if MMORPG)

Tifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 02:53 Edited at: 24th May 2005 02:59
I understand if you don't want to show us screenshots. That's not the point... these threads are for discussing games that are in progress, what are we meant to be discussing here? There is nothing to discuss!

Point: If you don't have any content to show, or just don't want to show content, why start a thread? You know it's like "Hi, i'm making a game but I will give you no information mwahahaha" it's evil is what it is! EVIL I TELL YOU! D=

Very important thing to read

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2005 03:32
before you dig yourself into more arguements, my advice is just to either apologise for posting when you couldn't give us enough info or post at least one ingame screeny, and tell us a brief description on your primary thoughts, even if you don't plan on using them, just something to give this thread meaning, so far we've had arguements about taking models and it sounds like people will fall out with you over this.

and who cares if the screeny will look crap (assuming thats the reason for not showing any) because my first screenies of ronin looked crap
to be honest people won't like it if you only show them the models you plan on using which were only edited by you and a menu.

If you do that no one will have any reason to complain, this thread is getting to full of rants.

One final thing I have a game that is at the progress you shown here (minus the models but I plan on making them myself) which is called The Downward Spiral (name may changed because it came to mind when listening to nine inch nails because thats the name of the album i was listening to) which only has a menu and a plot.

And good luck with the game what ever it is about

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:26:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:26:07