Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] ANOMALY PROJECT - FFX meets MGS2...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Over the past week, I've been designing and scripting out an RPG/TEA (Role Playing Game/Tactical Espionage Action) that's due to be in the main development phase within the next month or so...

You play as 26 year old Michael and 16 year old Luke, who meet when Luke is almost killed by a couple of thugs. Michael saves the day and helps Luke recover. He then offers the young boy an offer he can't refuse; to become the strongest fighter in the world!
Along their path, Michael teaches Luke everything he knows before a horrific turn of events... But I won't spoil the story just yet...

During the game, you can switch between the two characters and use their different skills to your advantage. Your characters will only level up when you control them.
The level up system is different, in the sense that your stats and skills are increasing everytime you use them. For instance, running will increase your stamina by 0.1% per second. Getting hit will increase your maximum Health by 1% of the total damage incurred.

Not only that, but a lot of the gameplay requires you to use your brains and not your brawn, as getting caught will result in a very unfair fight where you have little or no chance to win!

The AI is not as advanced as the AI in MGS2, but the AI is real enough to follow you and attack if you're seen, and to call in reinforcements if attacked. And they don't just come in small groups. Depending on where you are, 5-10 soldiers can come for you, or a chopper could scout the area for you, and in some cases, even a tank could come after you!

The music will be constant, gradually changing from a calm melodic song of tranquility while in a forest, to a busy bustling sound of slight confusion upon entering the nearest town. And the combat music is based on the location. For example, the tranquil music will suddenly gain more of a beat to it and more epic music riffs to let you know you're in trouble!

So far, there are no plans to give it a multiplayer feature, but I am contemplating allowing players to download new skills and items into the game at a later date, but for now, I'm happy with the 30 plus weapons and items I have for the characters so far...

I don't think what I hope to achieve with this game is impossible... I have been using DB and DBPRO since they first came out in the UK, so I know what it can do and what I can do... main problem is the graphics, but I'm sure I'll be able to make something that looks as good as I want it to...

I'll be adding more details to my (currently empty) website including early screen shots of locations and events ect. but if you want to know more, let me know!

"Why do I look at you and see myself? You look like my father, but you can't be. He died! Just who the hell are you?"
"I know this sounds crazy, but I'm you!"
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2005 23:44
Can we have some screenshots or images please?

It's M-E-G-A-T-O-N. NOT MEGATRON.
DON'T MAKE ME GET THE RABBIT.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 02:05
trust me you'll want screenshots, and quick otherwise this thread will get locked

http://seppukuarts.dbspot.com
Coal Chamber, System of a down, Devil Driver, Chimaira, Trivium, Nine Inch nails all rock!!!!!!!!WIP-Ronin, The Downward Spiral, Ketsueki, Kiyamoto
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 02:55
Also a word of advice, if you're reckoning a month for this project: it's not going to happen.
While I know it's very easy to look at it and say, oh this and this will only take me 5 minutes, but unfortunately that's highly unlikely to happen, and there will always be set backs and things you forgot.
I don't mean this as critique, it's just a suggestion so you don't push yourself too hard and face disappointment afterwards.

Desktop: AMD Athlon XP2800+,Radeon 9800 128MB, 1GB DDR RAM
Laptop: AMD Athlon 64M 3000+,Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, 512MB DDR RAM
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 03:11
Beutiful idea....now back it up with some proof your as capable as you suggest...and quickly mate cause these kind of threads can turn sour very quickly without some evidence to support your claims.
I sincerly hope you are true though !

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 04:12
baggers is right, I've seen it happen before, no doubt it'll happen again, although I think some people on this forum need to chill man, people are trying to make games and then try to tell people about it but forget to read the rules on WIP posting, and wham they get told off, when they try to defend themselves they get flamed,
BIG TIP: As soon as you reas this open up your game in DB and take a few ingame screenshots, even if its only an engine, engines so progress, and then people will comment on what kind of start you have made and tell you room for improvements (maybe post the engine so that people can see it) otherwise people will flame, I'm almost certain, not to mention mods locking the thread. Be careful of any lies(or misleading) because people will find out and stab you in the back for it, seen it before

Oh and good luck

Coal Chamber, System of a down, Devil Driver, Chimaira, Trivium, Nine Inch nails all rock!!!!!!!!WIP-Ronin, The Downward Spiral, Ketsueki, Kiyamoto
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 08:48
Oh god, this is gona turn real ugly real fast...

(I swear to god I hadn't heard as much as a shuffle from a mod in weeks. It's as if they are watching over us and snikering)

It's M-E-G-A-T-O-N. NOT MEGATRON.
DON'T MAKE ME GET THE RABBIT.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 23:07
Does this dude starting the project doesn't check his threads i mean, its been a few days and people have said stuff and nada nil nothing nicht!

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe this was just one of those posts to piss people off??

The admiral
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 07:54
Hello? Guten Tag? Bon Jour? Hola? Laiho? Konnichi wa?
Nope nada

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 15:10
Easy folks, i know your nashing at the bit for a new flame approvement but lets see ifthis guy can pull anything out of the proverbial bag... maybe hes doing what I really should do and spend less time on the forums and more time coding...talking of which im off to do some !

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah its ok to code but he didnt leave even one screenshot and by what he has told us hes got quite a bit of work done.....The forum rules kinda state that you need at least one screenshot or piece of media to back up your posts.

The admiral
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 16:22
Aye i guess so...guess i kinda hoped this one was true...seems to be a massive influx of these kind of posts recently.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 18:16
I know, I'm just seeing if he'll reply, less forums, more coding, sounds so simple, I don't know why I didn't think of it...maybe I'd get something done lol

Diablo 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, the first line of my message said I've been designing it (Ie writing scripts, drawing maps, ect) for the past week, and I should be able to start developing it within a month (ie, start coding, modeling, ect) so of course there's no screen shots just yet. I've almost finished the script and the map (big map ) so as soon as I finish that, I'll post some screen shots of Midean forest, where the game takes place... Yes, I spend more time working on my game than browsing the forums, so I apologise for my late reply, but I have been hard at work on this game and as I said, I've almost finished the script, so I'll be able to post some screen shots soon... If the thread gets locked, then it gets locked. I was just really excited when I started this project, I just had to tell everyone to see if they like the idea of the game... I'm sorry if I wound people up with my lack of replies...

"Why do I look at you and see myself? You look like my father, but you can't be. He died! Just who the hell are you?"
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats ok but next time you need to wait until you have started before you post .

The admiral
Diablo 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I'll bear that in mind... Thank you

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2005 23:24
unfortunately Roo you have to post screenshot when you post a work in progress, because its the rules, otherwise some evil people start flaming

Diablo 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Crud... I got none yet... Not even started the program properly... All I done so far is start to mould the Matrix Landscape... now, cos it's 180x180 tiles, it's gonna take a long time to do

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2005 01:46
RooMilne: How about mailing a Mod to ask them to lock this thread until your ready to post some programming progress...at least that way you dont have to deal with any flamers !

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2005 02:16
@RooMilne - I will lock this thread now as there are no screenshots. That is an absolute minimum for a WIP thread. If you'd like me to unlock it in the future feel free to email me, or create a new thread with pics.

Good luck on the project

--[R.O.B.O.I. and FireTris Coming Soon]--

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:31:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:31:55