Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Add media to DBPro Project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 00:21 Edited at: 28th May 2005 01:21
Hi, this is NOT a DBPro program, it's a VisualBasic tool to help your to add all media into you DBPro Project at once.

Screenshot:

Download Setup:
http://www.vbmyadmin.com/taylor/MECHWAR/DBProAddMedia.exe (2.5 MB)

Choose your "MEDIA" folder and click on "Scan media". You can sort by File/Size/Extension and check/uncheck files you want. The generated list can be added with copy-paste directly into your DBPro Project file (.dbpro)!

Tom Taylor
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 15:00
Pretty groovy !
Though i dont need it as of yet, this is too good to risk lettin it slip down the page un-noticed.

Nice work man

Tom Taylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2005 00:22 Edited at: 31st May 2005 00:24
Thany you Baggers! I don't need to look for every single file anymore, if I make a new update for my WIP e.g.! Didn't find anyway to do that quick, so 30mins to code the tool is less than re-checking for files every time... Maybe other GUIs can do that too, but I like the "original".

I use a "clean" folder with ONLY all finished and included media files. So I just scan it and pick some out maybe...

Please, if you think this can be usefull for you, leave a short message here! I will improve the tool by every wish or request which I receive!

Tom Taylor
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2005 01:03
This will be very helpful. I'm going to test it out tonight. Was just needing something like this too!

Nice work Tom.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Tom Taylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2005 02:58
Okay - very cool! Thank your for posting... This gives me the motivation to improve the tool!

So one question to you: Should I update a project automatically by only choosing the .dbpro file ? It's no problem to that 100% error-free if
Quote: "media root path="
is listed in the .dbpro file.
I could remove every media1=... and add the new list.

Tom Taylor
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2005 08:35
Yeah, that sounds good. This tool is saving me lots of time.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Tom Taylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2005 08:48 Edited at: 31st May 2005 08:50
Specially for a large amount of sprites or stuff like that! I didn't like to add hundreds of files manually

Hint: The tool re-scans your folder if you sort the list by clicking the headers!

Tom Taylor
Tom Taylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2005 01:02
Just for your information: New posts are no longer in the WIP forum, I open up a new post in Program Announcements. The tool will be improved anyway, but its main feature is complete.

I was not sure if something like that already exists. So thank you for your feedbacks!

Tom Taylor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:31:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:31:09