Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Simple Word/Name generator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2005 23:56 Edited at: 30th May 2005 23:58
Hi everyone.

Well, at the moment I'm writing a 3d RPG game. In order to generate random names for characters, I built two different methods, and 'made them duel' against each other, to see which one was the best. The first version (getting names from random places in a list of names) ultimately won against the second version (this one). But I decided that this version may be interesting for other people; either for games, or just playing around. So; That's why your seeing this now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**IMPORTANT** ->> This program requires dx93d_24.dll in order to run. You MUST have the DirectX 9 SDK Feb 2005 build in order for the program to work!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does it do?
------------------
Generates simplistic randomised names and word, by means of a '.name' file. To understand fully, download , and try it out!

One last thing though: Please read the readme! It explains everything; more than I can write here. Enjoy!

Provided in full as a RAR archive. Created with the official WinRAR client 1.20. Please DO NOT use 'PicoZIP' on this archive!! It will complain about it being 'corrupt' Size: 186kb

This app is pretty much finished, but I haven't shown it to anyone yet;; so that's why its here in WIP

[url=www.lightningstudios.co.uk][/url]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2005 00:01
Weird !...works fine though.
Another good place to look for names is your junkmail folder of your email...those companies are always using generated names!

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
dx93d_24.dll < its a part of DX9.0c.. i dont know why, but i didnt got that file 2, i found a copy of it in google.. search in the google "dx93d_24.dll" and i think u will find something.

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
click here to return your 5sec.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:17:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:17:36