Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My BSP Example Nearly Working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All

OK, So I installed q3radient and q3build then I followed an example tutorial to create a small room with a lightsource and a place where the user will spawn, produced the bsp file and then produced the pk3 file using q3build.

So far - so good!

Then I used the code from the worlds tutorial and tried running it - it seemed to load the bsp file ok, but the walls, ceiling and floor were all black! So I must be close to getting it working!!!

The pk3 file was built following the directory structure from the examples - so has anyone got any ideas what I am doing wrong - any suggestions greatfully received.

Even better, has anyone got a small pk3 file of a room that works and the associated .map file they can send me (please send to allingtm@hotmail.com.

Thanks for your help

Marc.
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2002 14:19
Look here for some extra info on BSP support and how picky it is:
http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=854&b=1

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:45:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:45:54