Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Runtime Error 1512 ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 00:33
1stly, sry if this has been asked countless times b4, but without a search facility in these forums it's just a tad difficult to check these things b4 posting...

Ok, now the problem :

I've just downloaded the DarkBASIC Pro demo and tried running the FaceDemo project, but it just crashes out with the error :

Runtime Error 1512 - Display is not supported by available hardware at line 0

I also tried creating a new project and copied over the 'spinning cube' sample code from the help file - same result !

What's the problem and how do I fix it so that I can start evaluating DBpro properly ?

TIA,
Scorpion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 00:41
Oh, in case it's important, my system spec is :

PIII 933
512Mb RAM
GeForce 2 GTS 64Mb
Win 2Kpro

CarlTaylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 08:23
your processor is fine, same with your RAM and OS... the gphx card is kinda old though, id bet a good chunk of money that its your problem.

also make sure you have the latest directX installed.

baseball = life
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 10:11
lol mine is a weaker system and it works fine

AMD 800 MHz
Geforce something 32 Mb
Win 2k

whats that pro doing on win 2k scorpion?
anyway i get no such problem, maybe theres something wrong with the installed software for your hardware?

--------
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PROGRAM DARK BASIC!
Tywald
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2003 10:54
Scorpion:

First, check if you have the latest drivers for you graphic card and also have at least DirectX 8.1 installed.
I would also suggest that you check the "Settings" button to see what the current configuration for the screen is at. Maybe you´re just trying to run you program at a resolution your harware cannot support?

-Tywald
Scorpion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 18:32
Thx for replies, but,

1) Yes, got DirectX 8.1 installed.
2) Yes, got latest nVidia drivers.
3) 'pro' 'cos, well, that's what it is, as opposed to Server, Advanced Server or Datacenter...
4) Yeah, did find the Settings button after posting, however, got same error whatever the selected screen res/depth.
5) Could be some kinda software conflict/issue or something but everything else works fine and I tried a reinstall of DB with same results.

????

--
Danger Danger!
Fire in the disco, Fi-re in the Taco Bell...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:58:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:58:39