Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / multiple uv channels? light mapping????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2005 19:32
Ok, the question is, does dark sdk support multiple uv channels? Light mapping works fine, but I can't find a way to change the light map texture so it works with the second set of uv coordinates that where exported with my model. Without multiple uv coordinates, light mapping is next to useless. Can anyone shed some light on this?

shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 09:07
Anyone?

shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2005 13:45 Edited at: 24th Jun 2005 13:56
Seriously, I would love to know a way of mapping a light map differently than the base texture.

Please! My visuals will stink otherwise!

alternatively... how would I make use of dark sdk's new found ability to load in meshes with vertex colors?

might the vertex index in the new commands indicate multiple uv sets?? if so... how would I have a light map use the second uv set??

shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2005 06:06
The following functions dont' seem to be in the documentation. By The looks of things they are a method of light mapping objects during runtime??? if this is so... then objects do support multiple uv channels but there is just no way to access them when setting a light map texture? ?

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2005 20:12 Edited at: 25th Jun 2005 20:13
I know DBPro has some lightmapping commands coming but they're not finished yet. Perhaps these commands are a sneak preview of what to expect?

Might be worth asking Mike J aboutthis - he's the 3d whizz behind most of dark sdk - mike@darkbasic.com

"A book. If u know something why cant u make a kool game or prog.
come on now. A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:13:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:13:02