Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / vertex data appears to do nothing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2005 07:09
Doubt this one is a bug, its probably me. I have written a peice of code for a dialog box that should let me edit the vertices of a plane, i know it will -always- be a plane so it just works on 4 verts (i presume a plane is 4 verts, 1 for each corner?)

however, whenever i open the box it always reads in the current vertex data as 0, 0, 0 for each vert and it doesnt do anything when i try and set it. not a sausage.

Heres the function, anyone got any clues why?

[07:16:59-pm] « Sephnroth » you were dreaming about lee...
[07:17:13-pm] « Mouse » stfu
[07:17:22-pm] « Mouse » he was hanging himself lol
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2005 11:58
Are you trying to update a mesh, or an object?

If it's an object you are trying to update, then you need to use dbLockVertexDataForLimb for limb 0 instead.

Other than that, I have no idea.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2005 08:48
yeah, doing the limb thing fixed it I just kind of assumed an object would be called a mesh in the contex of vertices as its the mesh these commands edit XD

Anyway, is it just me or does setting the vertex Y position really set its Z and setting the Z really set the Y?

Example program:

make plane, rotate it flat so you can see the changes, raise the height of vertex 1. Except.. it raises the height by raising the z?!

[07:16:59-pm] « Sephnroth » you were dreaming about lee...
[07:17:13-pm] « Mouse » stfu
[07:17:22-pm] « Mouse » he was hanging himself lol
Night Giant
Years of Service
User Offline
well, i don't know for sure since i don't use the sdk, but if it's anything like the opengl api then there is a local set of axis and a global set of axis. if this is true then by rotating the plain you are also changing the orientation of the local axis.

oh, wow. insignificantpunks.cjb.net.
no: website for progs yet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:34:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:34:29