Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / wassup with my object?!?!?!?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
why isn't my object moving and turning correctly? I have the source code.

thanks
(it's kinda messy, sorry)
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2005 11:35
the newbie,

Before anyone will attempt to help you, I'm sure, you should really take some extra time and comment your code. Add some REM statements above groups of peticular code, explaining what that group of code is accomplishing.

+NanoBrain+
Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
There are already REM statements are there not?

The happenings of tommorow are behind us now
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 09:00
More importantly, only post the relevant bits of code that you are struggling with. There are many people here who can help you, but very few that have time to trawl through over a thousand lines of code for you. Once you have posted the relevant bits, then explain the problem you are having clearly - remember we can't run your code as it uses media, so it would help if you could describe more precisely what is happening and what you want to happen.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 21:41 Edited at: 8th Jun 2005 21:41
Ok I browsed through the code, just some things I saw:

- You should move autocam off and sync rate outside of the main loop

- Your objects are PROBABLY not rotating because you're using turn object. I haven't used this before but if it's similar or exact to rotaate object then you need to use the wrapvalue command.

Example with rotate object:

Try changing your rotation code to that and see if it rotates properly.

- Also, from what I see, if your trying to have the upkey move the player, it isn't, its just making the animation play. I'm prety sure your doing that on purpose so Ill leave that alone seeing as you have shift moving the character.

Like said above, please only post the sections you're having trouble with and what outcome you wish to achieve so we can better help you out.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because the filesize was too large.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 21:17:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 21:17:15