Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / planes eventually disapearing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 07:06
Right, for terrain in my game I have been using flat planes because this suited my tilemap-like system. Dungeons are split into floors but each floor is flat.. but now its come to world maps and the like I wanted heighted terrain. I stuck to the tilemap system because I quite like it and it makes for easy data organisation and reading. So I used the vertex commands to raise and lower the corner of each plane much like a matrix behaves and walla, got my height and it works grand.. but.. when tiles are streched rather high or low they start occasionally disapearing as you walk over them but whilst they are still on camera. Only reason I can think of for causing this is something isnt being updated in the object/camera data to reflect my changes so the camera treats it like its original shape and hides it when the original version would usually be offscreen.

Anyway I can fix this? an internal command or something I can call to update the vertex data internally?

Thanks in advance

[07:16:59-pm] « Sephnroth » you were dreaming about lee...
[07:17:13-pm] « Mouse » stfu
[07:17:22-pm] « Mouse » he was hanging himself lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:06:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:06:59