Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Picture cycling problem. Please help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 08:45
Hi all,
Im trying to figure out how to cycle through pictures/textures for my game. I want it to automatically change every 2-3 seconds. This is what i came up with:

Problems:
-It wont paste the 2nd image on top of the first.
-Will using "wait" freeze the entire thing? cause i just want it to freeze the image not the game . I tried making a function on a delay time thing, but i couldnt, i dont get the timer thing and how to check if its been a certain time period yet.
-I want the image stretched over the entire screen.
So any ideas on how i could fix these? Thanks

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 08:56 Edited at: 10th Jun 2005 08:58
I THINK the reason the second image doesn't appear over the first is because whichever image has the higher image number appears on top. You could try something like this, instead of putting
try

and then, instead of putting

paste image 2,0,0 or paste image 1,0,0

put

show sprite 2 or show sprite 1

Hope that helps.

Formely play2kill

When the power of love overcomes the love of the power... the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 09:25
k, thanks

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
D Ogre
Years of Service
User Offline
There are many variations you could use. You could also try cycling your images in a loop like the following.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 10:35
good idea, thanks

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 13:35
so how could i stretch it out across the whole screen?

Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 14:13
u could try "load animation" many of u might not know it but it loads and plays just about everything including .jpg,.png, bmp, mp3, even .mov(but no video is with it)
and u could try it like PLACE ANIMATION Animation Number,0,0,screen_width,screen_height

formerly shadows of emptiness
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2005 00:49
Make sprites out of them and set priorities for them. You can then use size sprite to make it the size of the screen.

Or texture a plain with them and have the plain poisitioned so it covers the whole screen. Just retexture the same plain over and over again with different images.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2005 01:17
Quote: "Make sprites out of them and set priorities for them. You can then use size sprite to make it the size of the screen."

yeah, i ended up making sprites out of them. Thanks .

master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2005 05:49
Use something like this code (under source)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 21:19:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 21:19:04