Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2005 09:02
I have seached the forums but I still do not understand how to accomplish this. Could someone point me in the right direction to find a texture for a 3d FPS gun flash, and possibly give me some advice on how to set it up? I would really appreciate it.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2005 12:09
Hi DB programmer. Creating a flash for your gun is very simple. It's a matter of just pasting an image with transparency(preferably) whenever you fire youre gun. In my tutorial last month, I actually have a muzzle flash effect.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/data/newsletter/newsletter_issue_29.html#17

Feel free to use the media and ask any more questions.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2005 04:16 Edited at: 15th Jun 2005 04:19
Thanks Mike . I used your tutorial but it looks weird in my game because sometimes the sprite doesn't apperear at the muzzle. Any advice on this? Also, do you know where I can find a less cartoony muzzle flash texture? Thanks, I appreciate the help.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2005 01:39
No problem DB programmer.

If anything, you might have to make a few little adjustments to where the flash gets positioned, to make sure it lines up properly.

As far as finding a less cartoony texture, you'll just have to search google. I made mine quickly with Paintshop Pro 8.

You could try to edit one of these from the picture if you like.
http://images.google.com/images?q=muzzle+flash&hl=en&lr=&start=0&sa=N

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 21:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 21:24:08