Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / New Program Announcement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2005 00:10 Edited at: 15th Jun 2005 00:13
I am currently working on an RPG. I am building an editor for it first. I plan on building most of the game inside the editor. This will allow me to bug test it and povide my eventual players with more features in the editor. For a comparison of what I'm trying to do think NWN on a MMORPG scale. So far I'm still in the process of building the editor. It will also have useful code for other DBPro projects. I am using BlueGUI version 2 for the user interface. I've already overcome the Blue limitations on set windowed mode on/off. (I included the code for the workaround, requires BlueGUI ver 2)My goal is for the editor to run in full screen and in windowed mode. My currently difficulty is with the SET DISPLAY MODE command. DBPro seems to be forgetting things like already invoked objects. This seems to berelated to the BACKDROP ON as it gives me similar issues.When I worked this out, I will post the workaround code for it too. I plan on contributing to the DBPro Community as a whole and this will be the first place any of the software is Beta tested.

The project name is Realms of Kreation. As of yet there is no website because progress has not made it far enough to warrant it yet. Once the editor has made it to Beta or at least late Alpha stages then there may be a team request on a strictly volunteer basis. This is yet to be decided. From this point on any news will go in the WIP Forum.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2005 01:03
I'm going to move this to the Work in Progress board, as this isn't a finished program.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Keaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2005 04:27
Sorry, I didn't realize this board was for finished programs. I was sure it warranted a WIP thread. Anyway here's an update. Do to conflict issues between DBPro and the BlueGUI plugin. I have restarted my GUI for the editor. SET DISPLAY MODE is no longer forgeting objects due to the restart. I have made the DBPro window a child of another window. No it no long affects that window. There is now only a minor issue with tooltips for which I have found a work around for here is the code for it.

Fairly Straight forward the DBPro window doesn't udpate this way but, my tool tips don't flicker over the DBPro window.
All in all not much to report on progress, but I'll continue to support the community with any work arounds for bugs I come accross.
Keaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2005 22:53 Edited at: 16th Jun 2005 22:54
My tooltip work around is not real necessity anymore as I've found and reported the issue to RobK. The tooltips only flicker when the DBPro window size and resolution are different.
Keaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2005 10:10
Well the GUI restart is complete. The new style runs alot smoother with less grapical errors. I've attached a couple screenies.

The DirectX area automatically resize based on the window size and shape. The number is frame rate(for debugging) The UI is complete.
Now to start on the actual editing code.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Keaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2005 10:13 Edited at: 17th Jun 2005 10:14
Here is a screenie with the window size different. I did things this way to avoid disproportion of the 3D objects. This will be and XP+ only software as Win9X won't run it properly.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:32:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:32:55