Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / doing 2 things at the same time

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought I remembered reading somewhere about how to do to 2 things, say showing a clock and waiting for input, at the same time, but now i cant seem to find it, how do i do this?

I have the coolest signature, here it is...
I have the coolest signature, here it is...
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2005 10:35
Evilcatt09,

Well, if by input, you mean using the input command, then no, you cannot show an animated clock and accept input from the user at the same time. This is because as soon as the input command appears in code, the program is paused completely, until the user presses the enter key.

However, there are other ways to get the input from the user, albeit a few of your own functions along with some other DarkBasic commands. If you have DarkBasic Classic Enhanced, you can use the entry$() command, along with clear entry buffer and scancode() commands to create the same effect as the input command, but without the pause.

......searching for my last post on this subjet at the moment, to find the source I displayed.

+NanoBrain+

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 21:22:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 21:22:10