Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Limit to Sprites?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 18:54
Is there a limit to the number of sprites you can have in a game? I'm trying to make a key appear on screen, and my game does use a lot of sprites... but the key just isn't appearing... and I have the line for 'show sprite' immediately after the line where the sprite is shown, so it can't possibly be hidden. And also, it must be in the right place, because the code to pick up the key is working fine :/

I'm just stumped as to why it's not appearing on the screen... any likely suggestions :/?
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 19:35
Post a snippet. Its unlikely you reached the limit as this is situated above 60,000 sprites. Maybe if you need some sprites at the beginning of the prog, and not later on delete it when you dont need anymore.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 19:39
DB Classic has a limit of 65535 sprites. If you try and use a sprite above that number, you will automatically get a run-time error.

DBPro of course has a much higher limit.#

The problem is most likely within your code.
Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 21:20
What is DBPro's limit?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 21:42
DBPro will accept sprite numbers of at least 8 million.

Of course, your frame rate may drop if you use that many
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 22:46
Yeah, i'm definitely not suing that many heh...
Anywya, here's the section that should display the sprite... as you can see, the show sprite code is right there and the code there for picking up the keys works, so it's happy... *shrug* it's probably something stupid and obvious

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:41:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:41:14