Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [DBC] whats wrong with this code?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
heres the code
nine09
Years of Service
User Offline
heres the code

basically when i compile i get a -servere error at line 49- i believe thats where the fade function starts...seems to me nothing should be buggy about this, but i\'ve been using DB for a couple days so what do i know!
Nytmayre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 02:14 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2005 02:16
Well, Mr. Nobody, I am in the same boat as you - I have also had DBC for a couple of days,(well, the trial version anyway), and I also am having compiling difficulties. Although, I have found that when an error occurs, the program tells you it is such-and-such lines down -- it usually gets this wrong and goes completely over the mark. I am not sure, but I think your problem might be in the "function flip" section. But this is just a pure guess.

If I were you, I would keep scanning the code, and try to find any mistakes. I think the program should highlight anything that doesn't make sense in white, so look for that. Also, just keep asking around these forums, I'm sure that there r many people who can help you much more that me.

Good Luck!

--Nytmayre--

Dream the world is doing fine, forget the Nytmayres left behind. Nytmayre of the burning sin, nytmayres scream from you deep within.

Uh... What's the point of this bit?
nine09
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah sweet success! the problem has been resolved (forgot to close my functions). anyhow in case you were curious here is the corrected code.

btw, the only thing fixed is that the program will compile. functions fade(), and blur() still dont work the way i thought they would, but i'll keep hacking away at it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 21:20:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 21:20:42