Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Tutorial : How to use .x media files in FPSCreator. (Step By Step)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well of course you can. Much appreciated.
Semper Fidelis
God Bless
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 00:53
Thanks devild0g!!!
Much Thanx over here...

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 01:38
hello devildog, i have a question, i have a gun model, and a texture model, can u give me a tut on how to add them in my game? this one is the .x file

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 02:17
and this is the tga file, sorry ive been having troubles uploading it, i reduced its size now...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
devild0g
Years of Service
User Offline
I can write you one. But if im not mistaken, you should be able to follow this one, only this time, instead of chosing a tank, or charatcer .fpe file, you would chose something like the bazooka or what not. But I'll write one, may take me a while but it'll be done.
Semper Fidelis
God Bless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 09:17 Edited at: 9th Aug 2005 18:16
ok, thank you, i accualy did everyhting you said to, and it didnt work. thank you so much!

p.s. adding agun has got to be different, since you ened to put the model in different places for the holding veiw and such

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 18:18
oh, by the way, the egg only resembles a model that doesnt have an object set to show you what is it while in the editor, if linked correctly thoguh, it should be fine in your game. when i get back on my main computer i can find exactly where the model goes to fget rid of that stupid egg placement marker, and replace it with what you want.

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 19:19
I'll test that to see if it works even tho in the editor it shows upp as an egg. Tell ya in a bit.

Need a cool logo or banner for your game? Need deviders or buttons for your web site?
Just email me or you can reach me on the forums almost anytime.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 23:07
ok, for the egg to not show up, make sure you have .x files in the mesh bank, your textures in texture bank, and in entity mode, an fpe script pointing to where to model is. maybe that what youve done, cause other then that i wouldnt know

devild0g
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. I have looked into the request of adding the weapon. Theres some things Im not sure about that maybe other forum members can. I know to get that gun to work. You need a model of it sitting in a position before you pick it up. Which would be a .x file. Also you need a .x file for when you have it picked up, and a .x model for the weapon being reloaded. I looked in the gun models already there, and theres much info and models that go into using your own weapons. When V1 comes out I will however go from intermediate modeler, to expert. V1 makes me wanna hibernate until its release, I cannot wait. Sorry I couldnt answer your question. I tried many things, and couldnt get it to work.

Semper Fidelis.
God Bless.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 19:12
ok, thats fine, i guess nonoe canhelp me then, i already posted this in another thread...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 21:10:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 21:10:22