Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pokemon Trading Card Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2005 20:18 Edited at: 21st Jun 2005 20:23
hey, I'm making the pokémon trading card game for pc. But I'll need your help! I have some questions for you so that I can make it like you want. Just let me know what you want!

What kind of options do you want? (for example: choosing between different backgrounds, sounds options, graphics options, other options?)
What kind of tournaments and leagues do you want? (like tournaments with restrictions like no stage 2 pokemon or other tournaments?)
Would you like to have pre-release tournaments? (so when I made a new expansion, you can then first play a pre-release and get some cards from that set!)
How do you want to get cards? (I now give a booster pack with each won duel and special prizes or more boosters when you win a tournament)
Do you like the game menu? (When you do not like it, give some other options please)

These are the questions I need an answer to. But if there are other request or comments, there are always welcome.

finaly here's a screenshot from the game menu:

DIV/DBP-coder
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2005 21:59 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2005 00:49
Looks good. I don't know much about Pokemon, but the GUI and menu are very nice.

Dumbo and Cool

WIP Board!
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
it reminds me some pokemon game.. (Card game 2)

does 1 + 1 is 11?!
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 02:23
Nice! Really good work!

Off topic: How do you make a menu like that in darkbasic classic?

Enjoy Life while your still alive.
Enjoy a recees anytime!
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
whats wrong with that menu? its only images, i guess...

does 1 + 1 is 11?!
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 06:30
Very nice!

I would make it like the pockemon card game for the gameboy , only with a town or towns instead of just gyms and a big map. Add a story of sorts, because a good story always improoves a game.

From the way you're describing it, this game is multi-player. If so, also have a single player campain, or have computer AI players you can find and face in the multi-player to practice build your deck. Though if it isn't multi-player, I wont mind at all.

I never really got into the pockemon card game, but I used to play the original RPGs for hunderd of hours at a time. So I sugest you have a free roaming area outside battles, preferable 3D, but good 2D would be fine also.

Currently working on BlockMan Remix
someone namedlink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 21:54
hey,

the menu is only an image, and the words are sprites. you can do it very easy.
I'm not making it like the one on the game boy because that was crap. I will make it like the yu-gi-oh power of chaos pc game. you'll only can battle with your cards. no adventure or rpg elements. you always play against the pc but always another deck.
other comments are always welcome.

DIV/DBP-coder
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe you should have a random command for the opponents deck?
someone namedlink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2005 20:08
The first thing I though of was a random pick of the computer deck. That's less code then you would give each computer player a different deck etc. I've done a piece of a pre-release tournament. the computer generates booster packs and random cards like you'll get them in real life, so there will be the same amount of rare, common, uncommon etc. in every booster pack. here's a screen shot of the card generator.

DIV/DBP-coder
robo cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2005 00:45
One suggestion... you might want to rotate the image of the white energy whats it called thingy so that it has its reflection of the light source in the same direction as the others.

Simple... yet fun!
Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL well spotted!

Thanks to Animeblood for the Logo!
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2005 03:06
Hey, I have an idea

(feasible but quite hard)

Maybe keep the game card-based, but then each action you perform is shown in-3d (attack a pokemon in the cards, then watch it being attacked in 3d afterwards - like a cut-scene)

Maybe a bit complex, (hard to obtain media for Pokemon I would assume). but its just an idea.

Good luck

[url=www.lightningstudios.co.uk][/url]
Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah how are you gonna get pics of all the different cards? And also all the different combinations you can do will be pretty tricky too...

Thanks to Animeblood for the Logo!
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2005 06:28 Edited at: 28th Jun 2005 06:29
hmm, looks good.
shareware or freeware?
OOHHHHHHHHHH I just love being free!

New episodes of family guy sunday!
someone namedlink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 05:13
hey,

I've rotated the colorless energy, so that's fixed.
And for that 3D thing, maybe I will do that in the future, but I first want to make it a complete game and when I put other card set in later, I will also put new options etc in the game.
To get all card scans is very easy, they are all over the net! so that's the easy part.
since the card scans are not mine, and pokémon is a product of nintendo etc, the game will be freeware. I play with the cards for years now and just wanted to make something to test my deck with. So that's why I'm making this game. Once finished with the first set, I'll put it online.
I'm working on the card list right now, you can see how many cards you'll have already and look at them, here is a screenshot of it:
(I only need to make the big card on the left and the text on the cards)

DIV/DBP-coder
Indian Homie G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 05:20
Ooh, very cool! Did you use just text, or bitmap fonts?

AMD Athlon XP 3000+, S3 Deltachrome s8, 512 PC3200 RAM, 160 GB HD
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
now its exactly as the game i know!!
"Pokémon-e Trading Card Game" is that your project "someone namedlink" or you just making something like it?
http://www.pokemon-tcg.com

does 1 + 1 is 11?!
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 05:39
Very nice!!

Are you just using the original set, or are you going to use some of the new ones as well (I've never used any but the original)?

"If I wanted normal, why would I be here?"
-Me, just before being rushed to the emergency room
someone namedlink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 05:08
I just used plain text, and if you look closely, you can see its 3 times the text!
I am making the trading card game, and I'm beginning with the first set. when the game is finished, I will make expansions with other sets and extra options (and bug fixes). I just finished the card list today and this is the result: (hope you like it!)

DIV/DBP-coder
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
keep giving new screenshots man! looks like nice game (cant wait for a battle system)

does 1 + 1 is 11?!
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 11:39
Maybe it's just me, but having the card be easily readable and then having the text repeated below it seems a bit redundant.

"If I wanted normal, why would I be here?"
-Me, just before being rushed to the emergency room
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 12:49
Quote: " Maybe it's just me, but having the card be easily readable and then having the text repeated below it seems a bit redundant.
"

Maybe, but you don't want to have that whole yellow space with nothing in it, would just look too...empty. Might want to include more detailed information on each card/pokemon in that space...maybe where the pokemon can be found, information about its element type, etc... Something a bit more useful.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:29:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:29:03