Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Jetpack - early screenshot (high res)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 20:46
Hi all,

This is an early screenshot of VSD's retro compo entry. The backdrop and the platforms are stand-in for now, Simples gonna be making decent media for it.

Van-B
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2003 22:14
It's lookin great Van-B =P keep up the good work.

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 20:33
is dat cell shading?
Morales
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 20:47
the game your making does it have many stages
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 21:21
Nah, no cell shading - no lighting at all, that's sorted now though, Jetman has much more depth now.

We're looking at having 4 or 5 different ships, with several levels inbetween. In the original, you'd make your first ship and fuel up, then fly to the next level and fuel up again. After refuling on about 10 levels you get another ship. I think we'll have about 5 levels between ships, but the difficulty will go up gradually.

Van-B
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 01:00
Wow that looks great VanB

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 01:51
Van B,
It is excellant that u r developing a game that brings back old memories...sigh!!!

In my youth, Ultimate software was cutting edge. Easily on a par (or ahead of microsoft. I personally think ahead). Their games were always something to look forward to. Does anyone remeber STONKERS(not Ultimate).

Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 01:59
Was Stonkers a kind of strategic war game? It rings a bell, but i'm not 100% sure.

Ralph, Jesus didn't have wheels.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 02:30
Was Stonkers the game where you had some tanks, some artillery, some supply trucks and some boats going in and out of a port....

I vaguely remember it, infact I was vaguely remembering it the other day thinking about what else I could remake... A true classic!

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 02:34
Stonkers, I think, was the first RTS game. ie it was strategy that was not turn based(which makes me want to puke!!!!). I have often thought of a grander remake.

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 02:51
aye sounds like the one - it only had one map but it seemed huge to play. I think the computer side had it's own supply boat and port too didn't it?

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 03:01
Now your getting into detail...not my talent!

It probably did. You had to supply your own units didnt you.

While we are on the good ol speccy subject.

Do u remeber

Atic Atak
Manic Miner
Ant Atak
the Hobbit
Elite(couple of improvements made but no match ingameplay balance. Wish they would just remake it with better graphics and so...hmmm!!!!.)
Trans Am

Any others?

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 05:29
Atic Atak - Theres an excellent DBC remake of this written before the retro compo - http://minionsoft.co.uk/home.htm

Manic Miner - Do you know how many girls I never met because of this game!

Ant Atak - Played it only the other day, seemed so much harder as a child. I even thought about remaking it.

the Hobbit - Completed it.

Elite(couple of improvements made but no match ingameplay balance. Wish they would just remake it with better graphics and so...hmmm!!!!.) - nostalgia has a way of doing that, play it now trust me it would be nothing more than a 5 minute retro-novelty.

Trans Am - Rev it up! My favorite game for all of 3 days.

I know em all Do you remember Psion Formula One ?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 11:16
Pneu you wanna bet about elite?
i still have my original acorn + recorded tape ... i still love playing for hours and hours on end (^_^)

Elite (classic not PLUS!!) and Elite2 have been the best games ever ... love the arcade feel of elite's dogfights, and love the trading and missions of Elite2
favourite profession - oh yes Imperial Assasin (could it have been anything else), which funily enough is my profession within Star Wars Galaxies too - i really must get StarFighter for it.

i mean perhaps to most now the oldies are long and dead, but if you play them on the original formats ... Battlezone being another on the Acorn, and you get EXACTLY that gameplay that is what made them great in the first place

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Glennyboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 11:43
Battlezone was on the Beeb? I never realised. I too still have my BBC B tape copy of Elite. I remember being rather gutted that the majority of ships, mining lasers and military lasers were missing from it.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 13:29
i can't remember what was on the BBC Micro ... i never had one
Acorn Electron, Sinclar Z-80 & Amstrad CPC464 all i had

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:16:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:16:46