Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Which is better Gamespace or truespace

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 09:18
i have no idea which one is better i think true space because it seems like it cost more

if every thing starts turning intio an opinion thing just tell me which one is newer

Thanks for the help(if by any chance you do help)

Stupidity is a gift unwrap it in joy.
nobody is perfect, I am nobody
SAnTA
Years of Service
User Offline
dont know im not a moddler but you can get a free version of truespace 3 from their site and that rocks

http://www.atnasonline.com/
Tutorials : Minesweeper
Source Code : Tetris | Tron | Columns | 3d Pong | Circular Tron | Lego Slide
Dot Merix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 14:34
I've used them both, and they're both pretty similar... I think Gamespace is more catered to game modelling however... I really couldnt tell you, i dont know alot about either.. All i know is they both make modelling easy.

Did you try going to the site and reading about the features of each?

WindowsXP Home(Service pack 2), Athlon XP 2400+(2.1Ghz), 1GIG Ram, Ati Radeon 9800Pro 128MB.
ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 14:54
for a they are the same but truespace doesn't export textures , and animated models. truespace can make movies,add fog, but has problems loading models made in gamespace. So i would go for gamespace.

dre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 15:34
Truespace is more "professional", and GameSpace is just Truespace with a little tweaks and less options. As a game creator, GameSpace has all that you need.

Athlon 64 X2 4400+, nForce 4 Ultra chipset, 1 gig ddr400 d-channel,Radeon X850XT PE PCI-E,2 WD 74 gig Raptors in RAID
tman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2005 02:27
thanks for the help

Stupidity is a gift unwrap it in joy.
nobody is perfect, I am nobody
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2005 06:58 Edited at: 24th Jun 2005 07:11
Truespace is a much better modeling program over gamespace mainly because it is expandable through plugin packs, gamespace is not. Gamepack turns truespace into gamespace as well, so exporting texture and different .x formats becomes avalible. The depack, raypack, antipack, fxpack, level editor add different tools for slicing, welding and manipulating your models making levels, along with more controls for particles and animations.

Truespace also has a build in physics for animations, say if you wanted to make a house get destroyed by a tornado you could apply glass, wood, paper, iron style physics handelers to the seperate objects that make up your house then make a wind emitter and just click the simulation button and the engine would create your animation using physics. Also has a build in facial animator that supports text to speach and .wav support (not sure but gamespace may also have this).

If you plan on doing any type of cutsceens in your games or want to create movies id go for truespace over gamespace as it is a more complete modeling package more along the lines of max or maya although not as good as either but a lot cheaper. If you just looking for a modeling package for game characters id go with gamespace since it is a lot cheaper then truespace esp with the all the different packs since they run around $200.

I would suggest you might try both programs demos and read up on the features both offer, think about what you are going to need out of the program now and in the future before your purchase either. It is better to buy one program that will suit all of your needs instead of getting one based on price and be hunting for other programs later down the road as you advance in what you are doing and what you will need the program to do.

Your signature has been erased by a mod -- please resize to under 600x120...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:24:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:24:07