Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Note to new comers to save giggy probs with objects in set camera to follow mode...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't believe I went on so long not realising this little point about the set camera to follow command, maybe I didn't read the help enough, but to save anyone else being frustrated with giggy charactors while using this mode, I thought I should mention the most likely problem here:~

When using the set camera to follow command, if you have it set to use an objects x,y and z position variables which are updated every loop, then make sure the variables are real number variables (they are the same as an integar variable but have a "#" sign after them), I went on for ages wondering what was wrong with my code and just through luck more than anything I realised I had the position variables as integar number variables meaning they only adjusted in whole numbers from 1 to 2 to 3 etc.. (and vis-versa and backwards movement) and the camera nicely giggled along with the numbers given making the games very ugly to play/watch, then I thought Doh!! I should try real number variables.. and hey presto, Ultra Smooth camera Follow Commands were at my disposal. So if anyone does have this problem remember to add the "#" sign after the player/object position variables that are used for the camera to follow.

I hope this is understandable
1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 03:14:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 03:14:19