Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I know i know...again..but please....camera movement problems..please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So ive been working on making my camera glide through my scene ive created.....the best ive gotten is telling the camera to point one direction then move at a speed of 10....than when it gets to where i want it to...i set a the timer to go till it gets to the point i want the camera to turn or move and when the timer reaches a certain point..i have it GOSUB to say cameraposition2: and like point camera this way or turn it that way..than timer again while its moving...than when timer runs out....GOSUB to next camera action...and so and and so forth....i mean its the closest ive gotten to making the camera float through my scene..altho..when it GOSUB's to the next camera movent action....it just blam is changed....its not smooth at all.....

im trying to make something like a demo showcase...like the lab one or the e volution one in the showcase's section....so i looked in the lab code..and it has alot of vector and spline? stuff...it looks like it has something to do with the camera movement.....i just want to be able to have it glide through my scene..but the way im doing it...its not smooth at all when it just not good looking....someone on this forum gave me a code...that when i pressed control after moving my camera around manually..it saved the movement as arrays..but i couldnt get it to work......grrr

so what are vectors for and how do they work...and...are there any programs or plugins or soemthing to make this whole camera glidding through my scene thing much easier..or perhaps some indepth camera tutorials..or soemthing! please help..thank you for your time and patience...

Mess with the best....Die like the rest.

*Acid Burn*
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2005 19:39
I have a "cheat" that I use for these things. I create a hidden plain, and place it in the scene where I want the camera to point. If I want to change the direction of the camera, I simply point the plain towards the next destination, then move it across the scene to the new point, over a period of a second or so. All the time, the camera is set to point at the plain.

The net result is that the camera pans smoothly from one point to the next. No complex maths, vectors or headaches!

BatVink
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 04:43
Are keeping track of your posts and reading the replies or fooling yourself and the posters around?

Here was my answer to an earlier post of yours
(code to record and replay camera)

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=56033&b=1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:20:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:20:14