Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with text over sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe I'm just stupid (partially because I've had DBPro for, 17 hours) but, I need a way to display text over sprites without using other sprites if thats possible. I've looked over the tutorials and a few other things but all they show is how to print to the screen without sprites. Thanks for your time.
Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2005 23:46
I don't think theres a simple way of doing this. Though one way would be to create an image from the text then paste it as a sprite.

Troglodyte
Years of Service
User Offline
I was afraid of this. I thought maybe I could load a bitmap off screen, set it to print on that, then make the sprite with the text already on it...but that either doesn't work or I did something wrong. Another way that I might try is make an image with all the letters and symbols that I'll use and have an array that has coodinates to the area of the bitmap that contains the letter, then just make the words out of aligned sprites, but that might take a while and possibly not work. I just need some way to make a message window.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a better way to do this.
Once you display the image add this line of code

syntax might be slightly different for DBPro.
then you use the TEXT command to position your text on the screen.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2005 07:35 Edited at: 5th Jul 2005 07:36
Maybe Im not understanding what youre trying to get at but wouldnt this do it?

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:20:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:20:14