Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Am I Alone?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 07:06
Although I plan to buy DBP as soon as I can work it into the budget (Hopefully before Christmas), I am still playing with DB 1.13 in my spare time. I am quite content with it, (but I am looking forward to some faster 2D). Unfortunately with work, I have little time to mess with programming anymore. But when I do, DB gets messed with more than the other game development languages/programs.
Regards,

Brice
Marc Fleury
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm still stuck on DB 1.x because my videocard won't run DirectX 8! Grr!

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 13:08
I think a lot of people still use DBV1 and I don't blame them! That is the main reason for this board afterall. The real "push" on Pro hasn't happened yet, but it's coming.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Crossleo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 18:13
arrrrrrg when will Dark basic pro ever sell in U.S. stores?!? here in the smacking middle of U.S come on! there is some people in the Tornado alley states that want DB pro too and don't like to order online!

that's the only reason why i am stuck on DB 1.13

Crossleo
-------------------------------------
Admin of the Cross entertainment team
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 18:21
DB 1.13 was never in US stored either - so you must have ordered online at some point?

Cheers,

Rich

Crossleo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 18:24
yes i had a friend order it for me since i am only 17 and i don't have a credit card do you guys accept checks or money orders?

Crossleo
Crossleo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 18:26
but really you guys should sell it in U.S. stores too you would get more money many people here like DB too

Crossleo
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 18:30
It's all down to the publishers Crossleo - in the UK you can walk into a store and buy it. In Russia you have to mail order it. Each territory has different means of publishing and distribution. Guy (who runs the RGT site that officially sell DBPro in the US) may well take alternative forms of payment - have a look at the site http://www.realgametools.com and see what they say, I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

Failing that you could pay your friend again

Cheers,

Rich

Brice Manuel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2002 21:04
Guy does indeed take checks/money orders and I would not think twice about ordering from him.

However, just as with DB 1.0, you can order DB via ShareIt. ShareIt has always taken money orders and they have a US office for us in the US to send payments to. I order from them all the time using money orders and there is a super quick turn around in order processing.

But since DBS has an official US distributor now, it would probably be best to orrde from Guy.

Regards,

Brice
Crossleo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 00:46
ok mmmh since you can pay with a check or money order that be great, I might as well try the
demo first to see if it works ok my pc

Crossleo
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2002 04:34
What I don't get is if we payed 60 bucsk to get DB 1, why do we have to pay another 70 to upgrade? I think the cost should be significantly reduced for upgraders insted of making us pay 130$ for a 75$ program.

denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2002 13:17
The Cost is reduced for DBv1 owners, and if you still say it's expensive go find a cheaper language this powerful and easy to use!

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on a demo to release to get some interest and team members
Wanna join? See the Team section.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 22:09
"The real "push" on Pro hasn't happened yet, but it's coming"

As soon as those bugs are fixed, and maybe the backwards compatability is improved (I know it's a new language, but the back of the box does say it requires minimal adjustment).

I love Star Trek.
Especially the Episodes with Starships in.
Poohead
Years of Service
User Offline
when are all the bugs gonna be fixed, and are they that bad enough that i should wait to buy it

MiRRoRMaN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2002 22:47
I wanna buy it when I have more money, also to buy a bigger machine for it.

www.mirrorman.cjb.net, the classic Commodore 64 and Amiga site.
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2002 18:31
you guys can wait on Darkbasic pro. because it still has a lot of bugs. the bugs are driving some people crazy. i have it but i only use db v.1.13 for this reason. though, it has very cool features. plus,in transfering db scripts to db pro, you would have to make some changes(in a big game i am making, too much that i have to stick with db).i sugest that you wait a little longer because it has only been released for people that want to see or use it really badly like me. so far the db team got up to patch 2. but the problem is that i heard people say patch 2 is crashing or something.
if you want, i would let you know if it is "safe" to buy and use the program.

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2002 23:01
i bought db1 from amazon along time ago for £19.99 while they where still selling it for £70+ on the actual db site!

Im going to wait till amazon.co.uk have it in stocks before i buy dbpro (i never pay in $, it becomes too confusing).

Also: I have never seen dbpro in any UK stores ever. I have seen db1 and t3dgm though. If i was you rich i woulda stayed with fasttrack, they seemed pretty good to me. Maybe i havent seen it because its knew and 'crossleo' (never heard of them) havent sold it to many stores yet.

When will db go with hasbro or ea? that'd be kool.

...:::ShockForge:::...
www.shockforge.com www.havochost.com www.s8i.com
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 04:14
i dont know much about db things and the team. i just wanted to let a few peolpe know about db pro before buying and getting crazy or something. i am calm because i could wait till it is all fixed. but hey, i have a big game that i am making and it has extremly a lot of bugs and some people wants the updated version of it but i said no(people from my school). so i understand a little of what the team is going through in programing.

FYI, i am not rich,i live in florida and had no shiping costs for db pro which is great.

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 14:35
If i was you rich i woulda stayed with fasttrack, they seemed pretty good to me.
FYI, i am not rich,i live in florida and had no shiping costs for db pro which is great.

I was directing that statement towards Rich, who is a member of the db team (and the only one who comes on these forums more than once a year, or the old forums anyway).

www.shockforge.com www.havochost.com www.s8i.com
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 17:21
what did Rich say and are you sure that Rich is the only one who looks over these forums for more than once a year?

TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 17:32
btw, that FLI that i wrote was to tell that how happy i am that there was a distrubter near my location. i heard a lot of people say that they pay a lot of cash for their db pro shiping costs. also, please put a capital letter to tell me if you are saying a noun.

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 17:34
what did Rich say

What are you on about???

are you sure that Rich is the only one who looks over these forums for more than once a year?

Why do i have to be sure? why are you bothered? i was only stating that rich is the only person out of the db team who used to go on the old forums regulary, the rest of the db team didnt come on much.

www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 17:50
ok then. i am stating things to some peolpe about db pro. and i think we both made a mistake. you said Rich as an adjective not a noun so i kind of thought you were talking to me. and my bad is that i should of used common sense that you are not talking to me. since of my mistake, i would like to know what Rich said.

plus i seen rich on several topics. i seen other db members too. but i dont know how old the forum is(i never look at the date of each topic or post). pretty much i new to this forum but i had darkbasic since it was on v.8.

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 18:23
i got it at v1.08 too

lets shake on it

www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 21:07
yeah

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:23:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:23:25