Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Packaging whole game in one .exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 08:05
It would be nice to distribute my game as a simple exe, without the superfelous folders filled with media. Is there a way of putting everything in the exe? Has it something to do with visual studio resources? - If I did distribute everything in the same exe, how would the game accesss the media files? with what path?

Thankyou!

Xiotex Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I would prefer a seperate Pak file rather than bundle it all up into one massive image.

Xiotex Studios
www.xiotex.com
DarkGameSDK@xiotex.com
shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 02:44
whats the advantage of that? Its just nice and easy to have a self contained app (providing you cant use an installer - as for the puzzle game compo).

A cool program called molebox works a treat, but I can't shell out the $100 : (.

Xiotex Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Just personal preference and how Windows treats images.

If its a small amount of data then no problem but a large amount then why not just package it into a seperate pak file - that way any art updates dont require an executable update too...

Xiotex Studios
www.xiotex.com
DarkGameSDK@xiotex.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:13:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:13:31