Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Object instances and background questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2003 16:02
Hello all,

I'm still playing with the DB Pro Demo, and it's pretty fun and the rich command set seems pretty powerful, but I have 2 questions (so far):

1. I want to load one .X file object and place multiple instances in the world. The only command I have seen that is remotely what I want is object clone but according to the documention, that actually duplicates the object's data, which is not what I want. I want one original set of data, and as many copies as I care to render.

2. I'm trying to set up a menu screen, and I want a bitmap background with 3D objects in front of it. I'm using load image and paste image, which works great for the background, but since I can't specify the draw order, it seems to be overwriting my rendered scene rather than being rendered behind it. (I wish that there would have been a render object command so you could have a bit more control over things like that.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

John

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:56:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:56:41