Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Online crap Talk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 02:08
Ive heard online for dbpro works and from other people it dosen't so whats the deal?

Sega and Microsoft nothing but the best.

Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 02:12
The deal is that this post makes very little grammatical sense and I cant understand what you are asking.

WE SHALL BECOME ALL POWERFUL! CRUSH THE LESSER RACES! CONQUER THE GALAXY! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING ! ! ! ETC. ! ! ! ETC.! ! !
Deadly Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 02:18
Im saying why the f**** do some people say online play on DarkBasicPro works and some people say it doesnt.

Sega and Microsoft nothing but the best.

Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 02:29
Ah, well it does, but there is no simple answer for your question. You need to be more specific. There is no need to swear about it btw.

WE SHALL BECOME ALL POWERFUL! CRUSH THE LESSER RACES! CONQUER THE GALAXY! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING ! ! ! ETC. ! ! ! ETC.! ! !
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 04:06
Yeah stop the profanity and just ask a decent question.
I know exactly what you are asking but as you are being such a newbie I really cant be bothered to help.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 06:34
Probably for the same reason that glasses of water don't work in space. Different PCs = different reactions to certain things. Plus the stupid astronauts didn't think to put lids on their glasses.

(Like my metaphorical speak? Mmmm, philosophical....)

More tea Vicar?
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 10:50
I think most of the mulitplayer problems are caused by,
1. routers
2. dbpro bugs.

I think most of the dbpro bugs are now fixed. Routers are still a problem. Most people don't know how or can't be bothered to change the router settings so it forwareds the correct ports.
Since most people don't have servers they write peer to peer games which won't work at all if two people have routers and don't forward the ports.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 13:51 Edited at: 1st Jul 2005 13:51
Here's the simple answere:

The people that told you the online commands dont work dont know how to use them

The people that told you the online commands DO work, do

Aight yo'?

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Its not a bug in dbpro its a bug in direct x.

The admiral
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2005 11:24
if it works for some people and not with others then whats the point in asking if it works coz its obvious that it does coz if it didnt then it wouldnt work for the people that it works for......

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
Blazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2005 13:09 Edited at: 4th Jul 2005 13:10
one of my main problems that I couldn't get online to work was (don't laugh) I had the wronge IP adress because it was being blocked by my router. open a command prompt, (start>Run>CMD) type ipconfig, that should give you your IP adress. If you have a router type http://your.ip.adress in your web browser and configre it untill you get it compatable with DB.

I discriminate against discriminating people....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:21:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:21:04