Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Vizor Xari - Screenshots

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 17:36 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2005 14:04
So far basic flight controls are finished (thinking of adding some key combinations for fancy moves ) along with craft physics. The HUD is coming along well and the particle system is good to go (Right now its handling engine glow and lasers). Hopefully soon I'll get some dummy-objects for target practice and then start working on enemy and friendly AI. Comments are welcomed. =] Most 2D art is courtesy Limefly.net =] Las6 and Prime 8 are amazing =]

Pix Moved Below

The Life and Times of Semtex...
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 18:42
LOOKS very cool!!!!

Guido
http://www.vues3d.com
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 23:33
Yeah I second that it looks great !

Jake Blues
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 02:36
Looks great! The ship looks great. When will we get a demo?

TDBoy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the kind comments. Demo should be coming soon. Like I said, theres quite a bit of gameplay to be coded in, but hopefully with a few long nights and plenty of mountain dew it can be accomplished.

TDBoy
Years of Service
User Offline
New Picky's =] Coded in the crosshairs so you know exactly where you're shooting. Added a much larger, better looking planet (using a half-sphere made in Milkshape) and "nebula" objects, while originally designed for nebula's I'm using it right now for the distant galaxy =] Things are coming along nicely.

Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 18:07
No offense intended: but I dont like the clouds on the planet..It looks like it is a giant tsunami.
TDBoy
Years of Service
User Offline
No offense taken. Las6 made the texture =] And they aren't clouds, its more of an ice planet. Clouds would be elevated =]

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 23:24
Give it another, blue ghosted sphere around the planet to give it an 'aura', I think the (top left) bit of the HUD needs some work because it's looking warped and pixellated. I like the rest of it, uncluttered, which was a problem IMO with things like Star Wraith.

I agree on the planet thing too.

It all looks good apart from that, (I'm not trying to only post criticisms only here) I'm just trying and help you improve it, because it looks really promising!

I like the galaxy too, is that a plain with a galaxy image or part of the skysphere?

Dumbo and Cool

WIP Board!
Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2005 02:55
so..whats the story of the game? And WHy are you at that planet?
TDBoy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2005 08:50 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2005 08:52
Drew:

Np mate, if everyone posted "NICE", and that was it, I'd simply let my head swell and hope it coded something nice along the way =] The aura of the planet is going to be a little more detailed. I was thinking of coding an actual atmosphere, maybe with some detail. Look down and wow, little ships flying across the surface. We'll see how much system performance I can hog up before I get to any actual gameplay The galaxy is a nebula-plain. And yes, I'm working out the HUD details at the moment. Cant seam to figure out the problem. The hardest problems have the easiest answers, so I'm sure I'm just overlooking something.

Jr. Noober:

You're at that planet because, at this stage, it looks kind of nice in screenshots =] Since its still early in the development stages, I have a basic concept for the story, but no story line. I'll start working on that once most of the programming is done and I'm focusing more on end-details and levels.

Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 07:01
Quote: "if everyone posted "NICE", and that was it, I'd simply let my head swell"

There are not many things much worse then pure praise when you ask people the test the program. Non-constructive comments are a pain.

I have a few questions:

1) Are you planning of realistic sized planets (so a 10,000Km wide planet will be 10,000Km wide in scale?
2) What size zdepth are you using?
3) What sort of physics are you using, slew-control, semi-real or ultra-real?
4) Is this intended to be a Freespace or Starlance style game where you have specific missions to follow, or is it going to be more free-form like Elite or Privateer, or is it a bit of a mixture like Freelancer or X2?

Until I play a demo I can't offer any feedback other then what the graphics 'appear' to be like, and with the graphics unless I see them moving my opinion would be a little stunted. Sorry for being an awkward perfectionist, but that's just what I'm like!

I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it!
Current Projects: Lemmings Remake
(Untitled) SciFi RPG
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 04:42 Edited at: 7th Jul 2005 04:43
The Hud problem, I think has to do with loading the image you used.

Try load image "hud.bmp",1,1

Off the top of my head, I THINK the extra ',1' at the end stops texture morphing, but I'm not exactly sure.

Oh yeah and -
Quote: "little ships flying across the surface. "

That will be awesome.

Dumbo and Cool

WIP Board!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:25:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:25:16