Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Flyer : First Contact space rts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well its been in development for a long time and im sure some of you will remember this project but its coming along nicely. The engine is more or less completed except for a few other sections that have been planned out mostly and im just waiting on the final graphics from my artist. Below is a screen shot but mostly im looking to get a community going based around flyer so please head over to www.vapourhost.com/~flyer and go to the forum and sign up. Please spread the word as this project is quite big and im in negotiations with Gamespot to have my game advertised on their site and other publishers.

The admiral

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 20:14
looks sweet. It is an insperation that if rts's can be done, its simpler brother the tbs (turn based strategy) can be completed. I like it, though it lacks any ui.
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I know I actually have a very nice looking 3d/2d interface in the works which will have the faces of commanding officers on it that will talk and stuff. Because we can animate their lips and stuff to match the dialouge. But other than that it has all the essential attacking,resource collecting,building,seleting and ai routines ready along with a few other bits and peices.

The admiral
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 21:12
Looks pretty good, but how 3D is it? If the gameplay is 3D as well as the graphics, then you might want to change from that grid to something else...

Everything sounds awesome! Can you zoom in on ships? Rts games are always good when done well, and this definitely looks done well.

Good luck with gamespot!

"If I wanted normal, why would I be here?"
-Me, just before being rushed to the emergency room
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
The grid is just for testing purposes its not very big at the moment as you can see but it will be when my artist gets his internet back and he can transfer some stuff over to me. This is fully 3d although the interface will have a 3d/2d feel to it it also supports network and online multiplayer which works well I have been developing my multiplayer abilities lots recently so im good at it now. Please check out my forums to.

The admiral
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 08:20 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2005 11:39
More screenshots.....
picture one:

picture two:

The admiral
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 22:47
Not sure what is going on but looks pretty nice! Will there be a demo soon?

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes hopefully

The admiral
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Im wondering if anyone could give me some advice to get more advertising and spread the word and also how do I get people to join my forums and become part of the community im trying to form.

The admiral
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2005 13:11
Probably find a popular site and put an advertisement there... or offer people something like a golden monkey if they join your forlum, and a curse on all their desendants if they don't!

"If I wanted normal, why would I be here?"
-Me, just before being rushed to the emergency room
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Work continues but im doing all my advertising. If I want this to be recognised I need as many people as possible in my community and visiting my site. Head over to
http://www.vapourhost.com/~flyer for the latest news,screenshots and a great forum. The site has been updated so its a great new design please support a promising project.

The admiral

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:33:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:33:58