Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sigh...silly question about creating an object in the air, above a matrix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, this is what I have so far. I want the orb to start high above the matrix, and fall. I tried setting the starting position for Y, and it doesent do anything different....what am I missing here?

Thanks guys!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 23:50
You'll need to post your code in the main message box, it doesn't show up in the source box. Use the code tags around it.

BatVink
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 00:33
Im just guessing here since I dont have the code but whats probably happening is your gravity code doesnt work.

The object is probably being positioned where you want it but then your gravity code is kicking in and moving the object down so fast you dont notice it and think it's just starting on the ground.

Either way, BV is right we're gona need to see the code.

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
JohnnyR
Years of Service
User Offline
Doh! ok, here it is:

Thanks guys!
Zacolt
Years of Service
User Offline
I as well am a newb but I can sure tell you have far more experiance than I...
garyt
Years of Service
User Offline
first if you pressed 'space' at the beginning it would place the pawn at 0,0,25 because you haven't defined x#,y# and z# early enough.
also i believe

will move your object upwards and not down, is that what it's meant to do?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:22:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:22:00