Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need Help Making Wrestling Sim

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Topic

Basically Im unsure of how to start (dbpro) as far as structure.

I want to be able to do the following.

- Create A graphical *2d* interface, mouse driven ofcourse.
- Have a database that includes wrestlers and can have wrestlers added to it. As well as contain statistics and abilities for all workers.

- Have a database for promotions.
- Have a database for match types
- Have an editor that allows the player to create wrestlers and matches, as well as promotions.

- Need to be able to give the player feedback whenever he or she creates a card (matches) for each individual match and the overall performance of the workers and the overall performance of the show, basically how well everything went over.

I know about EWR and TEW I want to take it to the next level.

Thanks guys for any assistance.
Platinum Dracula
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like I was a little vague about what I meant.

Basically Im going to code a wrestling sim where you control a promotion of your choice/creation. Im just unsure how to begin, Im uncertain of do, loops, file save and load etc.

Also should I put my promotions/wrestlers/matches into different types or into different arrays.

Also the 2d interface is something else im really worried about, for instance when I click something, I dont want it to go do something elsewhere if theres no button or option.

Thanks
Platinum Dracula
Years of Service
User Offline
umm hello?
Nytmayre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 01:46
I think people aren't replying to you because, to be quite frank, it sounds as though you are asking for people to code your game for you. This might not be your intention, but, not being funny or anything, it seems that you haven't even tried any of this yourself.
You have said yourself that you are:
Quote: "...unsure how to begin, Im uncertain of do, loops, file save and load etc."

Well, why don't you check out the on-site/on-DBPro tutorials, make sure you know what your doing, and set yourself more realistic targets.
Judjing from your posts, it seems that you are even more inexperienced at programming than me (and thats saying something), so why don't you do a few small things, then work your way up?
Your posts sounded kinda nooby up there. Sorry about being so blatant about it, but it had to be done. I hope your not gonna have a rant at me (cos that what I did ,-lol-, and it don't make things any better), but i think your not being realistic about what you know, what you want to do, and what you are actually going to do.

[center]Maybe if you had a code going or something, people would be less reluctant to help you, but as it stands, you have very little chance of getting some help.

REMEMBER: Read tutorials, learn, and have a go.

--{Nytmayre}--

Dream the world is doing fine, forget the Nytmayres left behind. Nytmayre of the burning sin, nytmayres scream from you deep within.

Uh... What's the point of this bit?
Computer Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 05:38
I didn't respond because I was working on Zapptrix.

Working On Azure Destiny 2D RPG Game.
Founder and CEO Of Magick Software.
Platinum Dracula
Years of Service
User Offline
didnt mean it to sound that way guys sorry.

Basically Like I said Im super new (to a certain degree now ofcourse) and I was wondering which is easier, make a database using arrays or types?

Example I want to create a database with wrestlers, promotions, titles, matches etc.

Would it be easier to do it wit TYPE or DIM array?
Nytmayre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 04:24
I am not as experienced as you probably think I am (just check out my new thread - I need some encouragement.)- But I think that if you are going to store tons of things ( like you said,wrestlers, titles, etc.) then using arrays is probably the better option. Having said that, If you have only a few of something (probably no more than 15), then you could give types a go.

That's just my two cents.

Hope it helps.

Dream the world is doing fine, forget the Nytmayres left behind. Nytmayre of the burning sin, nytmayres scream from you deep within.

Uh... What's the point of this bit?
Platinum Dracula
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help bro, working on making an interface, nothing fancy just buttons.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:19:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:19:49