Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Segments become hollow when re-scaled. Can this be avoided?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When i increase the scale of segments, they become hollow, allowing the player to pass through them. Can this be avoided in any way?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 10:42 Edited at: 6th Jul 2005 10:45
What kind of segments are you talking about?

All default wall, room and corridor segments are based on a single tile size (cube). Prefabs themselves are made up from these.

Breaking the rules and trying to scale the default segments up - over and above the standard tile size via their script could have unpredictable results.

If you want a particular size or shape object - even wall like objects and dont want to place one above the other in cases where they could be one and a half tiles high say, then make entities for them. Thus far as I am aware in my experience entities can be of any size without resulting in any unusual behavioural charateristics.

earth prime
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a model of a house, though when I re-scale it to a life sized house, as both an entity and a segment, it becomes holo. How are you doing it? Is there a program where I can break my models down into little models (which combined make up my model), so that it retains the 1 cube property?
xFlux
Years of Service
User Offline
Depending on what program your using, you may want to add an edge to the house. I don't know the vertices or faces on your house, but adding an extra casing around it can help.

In 3D Studio Max this can he accomplished my a modifer called "shell"

It takes 20 beers and 1 wedding to realize you just made a mistake.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:36:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:36:50