Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with shooting bullets in my game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2005 10:13
I started working on a new game idea after I got tired of working on
Qwest*. And I need help with shooting stuff, I experimented and it don't work.

Working On Azure Destiny 2D RPG Game.
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2005 10:40 Edited at: 5th Jul 2005 10:40
Jono,

Search for raytracing, within the Thread Subject Search, below.

+NanoBrain+
Computer Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 01:35
Can't find it!

Founder and CEO Of Magick Software.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 04:34
If the bullets are going very fast like real guns now-a-days then you wont be able to see them, in which case use intersect object. Here's the walktrhough:

- Create a limb infront of the character, position it at the maximum distance you want the bullets to be shot.

- If the mouse is clicked, then:

- Use a for/next loop to check if anything is intersecting between the user and the limb using the intersect object command.

- If something is intersecting (>0)

- If the object is a player object (or whatever object that can be killed [eg:, if you had 10 enemies and their object numbers were from 20 to 30, then you could check if the object intersecting's number is between 20 to 30])

- Lower the object's health variable by 1....or delete the object....or whatever you want to happen when the bullet collides.

Moving slow bullets is a little more complex but you would probably want to use a timer of some sort.

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
Computer Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 05:11 Edited at: 6th Jul 2005 07:41
Okay, I'll try that out thanks!

Edit: I'm trying something different now trying to get it work.

Founder and CEO Of Magick Software.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 22:48
Well if you don't get it I'm working on a tut on fps's in this forum it might help you.

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
Neotech
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Ruccus heres a good question on bullet coding.
yes i think useing the intersect code would be great but is it possible to use that with some type of bullet physics like after the bullet or intersect ray travels so far that it would start to drop like a bullet in real life. i guest you would have to factor speed,velocity,mabey which angle its shot not all sure can you possibly enlighten me? thanks
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 09:57
Neo just wait until after the puzzle compeition is finished with and Ill get back to work on the tut, it will explain this probably.

This will only be incorperated into seeable bullets (like rockets) because with any other bullets they really wont go down that much in the space of the average map.

Mr Duck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 13:21
um...i tried to make a bullet-type thing before...your idea sounds great....but....how do you make a limb??

QUAAAAAAACK!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:30:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:30:11