Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dev-CPP Support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 03:52
Mike,
Just following up, how close are we getting to a release that will work with Dev-CPP. I do have visual studio 2002, however I prefer Dev-CPP for it's simplicity. Any idea?
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 05:09
When I have attempted to set things up I have encountered many problems. Most of the libraries will compile without changes however the basic 3D library is a big problem. I get many errors on attempting to compile. Lee and me have probably used many things that are specific to MS C++ compilers and as a result the code is not so portable.

To get things working will mean having to make many changes to the source code and this could have the effect of causing problems in DB Pro and as we are currently working on FPS Creator, DB Pro 5.9 and updates to the SDK now is not such a good time to be making such changes.

It is still something we want to do and will revisit after the release of FPS Creator.
AndLabs
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't sweat it - it's worth the wait. Dev-C++ is a really good editor, but we haven't done anything, and don't plan on doing anything, in C++ yet (because of C#).

But for those of you who want to see some progress, we tipped TGC on how to make and distribute the final devpack file, along with what else they need to distribute it with, a few months ago.

Hope it comes soon! We may do something with C++/DGSDK...

For the Software You Want, AMPERSAND LABORATORIES is the place! [URL=http://www.andlabs.com/]
[/URL]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:52:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:52:08