Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / My New Entity in FPS Creator vs. Targa File color with texture?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When creating a new entity in FPS Creator,

How do you get the Targa texture mesh to look correct with out using DARKmatter? I'm using GameSpace 1.6
3d Studio Max, Poser 5 and Photo shop. None of these programs seem to configure the correct "Targa textures or

colors.

My path seems to be correct for my .X file, and Targa file inWhich I put in MyEntites Folder.

example:
crgram Files\The Game Creator\FPS Creator Demo\Files\entitybank\MyEntites\mymodel.X file, and/or Targa file

My model does appear in the FPS Creator game however, it's all white, like a snowman.
Mymodel keeps showing up totally white with no color from the Targa file.

I'm able to transfer my .x file into FPS creator successfully but...........
The 3d image in the game is totally white.

Appearently my Targa mesh texture is not correct.

I don't have DARKmatter, but from what I'm reading in the forum, Darkmatter creates an image from an .x file

inwhich photo shop can then make into a Targa File.
with out DARKmatter, how do I transfer the color from the .x file into a correctly proportioned Targa file?

I Want to create my own FPS Creator Entities complete with colorful textures.

What should I do?

Dis Dat and de oddah Ting. A Splender to Render.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 10:32
First off I presume you have a correctly set up script file for your entity which specifies the Texture to be used and its Folder location?

Make sure that all necessary media files names are correctly spelt

That being the case if all references to the entity and texture are correct in the entities script file then it should have a texture when placed in FPSC. If you still cant see the texture - you could try choosing the entities properties by right clicking it in the editor and specifying the texture for it to use by using the folder locator and finding it. If you cant see it now then exit FPSC and go to the enity folder and delete any associated .bin and .dbo files for that entity only that may help.

If you still cant see your texture either its white which I doubt or for some reason FPSC is playing games with you. If you can see the texture applied to your entity in your modeller then given that your make sure it has texture co-ordinates present it should export with that info emnbedded and show up in FPSC. However some models can be problematical when exporting to the .x file format, whichever modeller you use. Gamespace should be OK but it also does not export correctly 100% of the time to an .file description that FPSC is happy with.

Get yourself a copy of 3D exploration or another program that you can view .x files in with both textures and animations applied. If you can see everything is OK in 3D exploration (you can check to confirm texture co-ordinates are present there) then theres no reason that it should not load successfully in FPSC. No need to re-save in 3D exploration if it looks OK - leave well alone, unless you find it still dont show with texture then try saving from 3D exp'

With 3D exploration and Gamespace one or the other should save the file perfectly suitable for use in FPSC or so I have found.

Chances are you just have an incorrect entry in the entities script file so look their first.

Thats enough optional info for you to consider and should be everything you need to know to fix your prob.

By the way 3D exploration will also save out the enitites texture separately so you have a copy of it stripped off the model.

Hope that helps.

Someone should write a manual with all this stuff and save repeated questions and responses.

UltraNerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Uman,

Thank you for the info.
I'll try to get a copy of 3D exploration
I noticed that Targa file is a notation in the FPE file however,
the FSPC images are actually BIT MAPS. I don't understand that but I guess when I get 3d exploration or a program that reviels the texture, things will be better. You're correct about the need for a tutorial.
Thank You so much.

Dis Dat and de oddah Ting. A Splender to Render.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:38:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:38:02