Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to continue?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. I am Anlino(If you missed that from the box to the left). I've had DarkBasic Classic for around a week now, and before i did play around with the trial.

First of all, i would like to thank all of you developers on DarkBasic. The idea, of converting Basic that you can make advanced 3d easily with it, is simple wonderful. I used Qb earlier, so the Basics was practicly right there

I have done the Binary moon, Pong and FPS tutorial found on this site. The Pong tutorial helped me specially. Thank all of you writers on these.

The problem is, i dont really know where to continue after this. I've learned a LOT about many parts of the DarkBasic language through them, but i want to know where to continue.

Thanks.
Leeorg
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you been playing games for long? If you are a fan of any games on the 8 bit or 16 bit games, why not re-create them with a view of improving or adapting them? Many people have, look at http://www.remakes.org/
to get a better idea!
James Morgan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 06:11
If you have completed and understood the tutorials then why not take a stab at creating your own small project. Nothing major like an RPG or FPS. Maybe a simple maze? You can try and create either an external or internal level and have your player walk around it. Once you have completed this, try adding actions such as jumping and running/walking speeds of the player.

It's really down to you where you go and what you want to do.
Good luck with your future programming!

J

Hello!
Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks James, and thanks Leeorg. I will check the link out. I'll try your suggestions, James. Maybe i'll post about projects lator on in the WIP.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 05:42
What FPS tutorial are you talking about? The Monster Hunt tut?

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:27:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:27:31