Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with camera and limbs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have 2 pieces of code im trying hard to figure out is

1. How can i pan a camera center to right, right to left(past center)
then right to center while moving camer forward like giving a walking effect, and how can it do this within very few steps

2.is it possible to attach or glue limb to a camera, so i could glue a gun to the limb. or should i add limb from a dummy obj and put camera in dummy object position and lock object on the use glue gun to gun to limb... the reason i want to do it this way is because
lock object on gun gives it a terrible look and it seems many have problims with it so i feel lockdummy object that has a limb position it to where the limb would be at lower right hand of screen and glue gun the gun wone looks all corrupted all that would be lock is the limb which can be hid.

any help would be awesome
plus i havent seen any coode of this type anywhere in the forum
gpex
Years of Service
User Offline
there are at least two topics discussing this on the same page as yours. I know i asked about it yesterday and ruccus is writing a whole tutorial on fps's which discuss's it briefly. But, i'm not quite sure what you're asking with the first question and for the second question i dont think it is possible to glue a limb to the camera so you need to glue it to another object. i know that ruccus explains it better, so you should look for the other topics that talk about this.

-gpex-

CodingCom Test Site...check it out!!!
http://www.codingcom.150m.com
Neotech
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea i accually read and typed it all out but he has only made it to the shooting code. It's very detailed. i like how he went about it.

Thats ok though on 2 ive just took object 1 position it with camera and in the movement code i have :

IF UPKEY()=1 THEN MOVE object 1,5:move camera 5
IF DOWNKEY()=1 THEN MOVE object 1,-5:move camera -5
IF LEFTKEY()=1 THEN turn camera left 9 :turn object left 1,9
IF RIGHTKEY()=1 THEN turn camera right 9 :turn object right 1,9

and intercect limbs. 1, down for pickup: and one z# 500 for shooting now i need one for my gun to glue on

on topic 1: when you walk forward in reality you body sways slightly
left to right while moving forward. i want the camera to give this effect like for example:

if mouseclick()=2
MOVE CAMERA FORWARD
WHILE MOVING CAMERA ON ITS X AXIS LEFT AND RIGHT SLIGHTLY LIKE A BOBING EFFECTevery two moves forward. somthing like that
gpex
Years of Service
User Offline
oh, well for the walking effect you could just animate the gun to move back and forth when you run and that should give you the same effect.

CodingCom Test Site...check it out!!!
http://www.codingcom.150m.com
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2005 04:49 Edited at: 11th Jul 2005 04:49
I just answered this question in both my tut where you asked for it and in gpex's thread.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=56924&b=7

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
Neotech
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Ruccus it helped out tremendesly
Your very well at detaling you code.....5 Stars for you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:25:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:25:11