Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Fixing the Annoying Camera Freakiness

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2005 05:11 Edited at: 11th Jul 2005 05:12
I've searched the forum for an answer and have't seen a decent one, unless I skipped some. If so my apologies.

I'm just wondering if there's some way to stop the camera from freaking out when it goes upside down, whenever this happen's it reverses the image given to the screen. I know of one way to accomplish this but it'd take a good chunk of code and processing power:

Basically just check if the camera position/angle is making it upside down, if so capture a screenshot of the screen and then paste it to the screen, so flipping the screen keeping it normal.

As you can see that would be pretty laggy and has a lot of downfalls, so is there a setting or a command to stop the camera from flipping when it goes upside down?

Thanks in advance, though Ill still probably say thanks when I get an answer

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
Mr Bigger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2005 07:58
It`s unclear to me what your talking about.I have not noticed this "freaking out".Could you post an example?What language are you using?
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2005 08:35
Sorry for the lack of info. I'm using DBP, here's a quick example:

Thats some basic code to rotate the camera around the object with the mouse. Now try looking above the object or below it and then continuing on, it will suddenly reverse whats being displayed on the screen thus making the rotations opposite now. Here's a pic to help more:

Notice the camera legs. The camera is moving over the object (the sphere) and pointing to it at all times, suddenly when it realizes its upside down it reverses itself to reach the result picture.

If you need any more info just say the word but I think thats pretty much all there is to say.

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
Mr Bigger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2005 09:16
Cool.Just put this in the appropriate spot.

AMD 2.2ghz/512mb DDR ram/GeForce Fx5200 128mb/W2K pro/DBPro

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:31:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:31:31