Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Scrolling 3d objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a 3d letter in the shape of an A, and I want to scroll it across the screen (right to left). As it starts on the right of the screen it is facing me perfectly, but by the time it reaches the middle of the screen, it is starting to rotate, therefore showing me the end of the letter. I am moving it my positioning the object in a loop.
Why does it rotate??? How do I stop it, so that is faces me and looks like a scroll??
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:50
the object isn't rotating its just how the camera sees it.
pick up an object and hold it in front of your face, about a foot away from your nose so you can only see the front face and not the left or right face. Now keep your head still and move it left or right.
To get the effect you desire you might wanna get the camera to follow the object or point the object at the camera at each iteration of the loop.
Ghostdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Aha good point. Thanks for that, I will give it a go. Never really tried 3d work, always been a 2d programmer, but i guess that was common sense, I just couldn't see it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 03:12:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 03:12:22