Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Point Object Command

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2005 18:33
High, I am working on making guns shoot, and this is a simple question probably, how do you make the object shoot from it correctly, ea there is a position the gun is located....how would I make the object constently stay pointed outward from the gun:X...I know there is a point object command, is that it? Sorry If this is a noob question. I hope to have my first game out soon ( made this code from scratch, and ruccus's code wouldnt fit in )
Mr Bigger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2005 19:27
Try the SET OBJECT TO OBJECT ORIENTATION command.

AMD 2.2ghz/512mb DDR ram/GeForce Fx5200 128mb/W2K pro/DBPro
Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2005 22:00
I got it working, but now I need to make collision. I also cant make my gun move up, only my camera.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 00:53
I answered the gun question in like two other threads search for it, as for collision I'd use the intersect object command as demonstrated in my tutorial "The Newcommers Guide To First Person Shooters". Use the intersect object command for shooting aswell, the only problem is you need DBP to use the intersection commands. Do you have DBP or DBC?

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 01:32 Edited at: 12th Jul 2005 01:39
I use it for shooting, but I have a question: How do I use it for collision. How would I stop the object:S.I have dbp. And you did?
I am going to expiriment, and then give you the code..
Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 02:07
ok..

There. All I need is collision with the gun, and sphere (based off your code, but I didnt like it)
I want to make this a good fps game, and I have opject switch code made, and better models, and animations. So all I need is collision right now, And I have no clue.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 03:28
What code of mine didnt you like? COLD?

For collision with intersection just add limbs on each main side of the object, positioning them at the extents of the object's dimensions. Then use the intersect object command to shoot a ray from each limb back towards the user, using a for/next loop to check for intersection with every object in the game. Then just check if the intersection returned is greater than 0, if so then the user is colliding with something so handle it appropriately (Sliding Them, Stopping Them, Bounching Them, whatever you want).

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 03:49
Quote: "There. All I need is collision with the gun, and sphere (based off your code, but I didnt like it)
"

If you want to be accepted here the last thing you want to do is tell people you don't like their code.
Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 12:44
It wouldnt have fps yet. I wanted to make an fps, but not wait for a tutorial to be done. I liked the coding style, but it wasnt complete. I used your camera code, because it was the only one I could find

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:25:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:25:14