Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help Plz Object loading problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 06:44
Hey

I just began making 3D objects and I use 3D Studio Max, so I made a simple gun and I wanted to load it into a simple DarkBASIC program (Original DB not pro)so it just floats and i can move the cameera round it. My problem is I don't know what type of file to save it as or how. I tried saving it as one type, I can't remember which one, but it keeps saying it cant fin the object so I'm guessing it was saved as the wrong type. So if anyone could help or tell me where a tutorial I'd be greatfull.

hAS aNYONE sEEN mY cAPSLOCK kEY?
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 09:38
Your best bet is to export it as a .x file if 3D Studio has that option. Otherwise, use .3DS. Save the file in the same folder as the code you are writing (I hope you are saving your code ). That should help quite a bit.

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo
REALITY II
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 20:32
First, select everything and make sure the whole thing (as a group or a selectn) is positioned at (0,0,0) (this fixes some weird rotation problems).

Secondly, choose File > Export and change the filetype to '3DS'.
Then, save it and load up in DB. And hope.

How's my typing? Phone 0800-GO-TO-HELL
Karate Stew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2005 09:04
Thanks people its working fine now

hAS aNYONE sEEN mY cAPSLOCK kEY?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:17:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:17:39