Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / PUZZLED - Puzzle Compo Entry Progress (Screen Shots)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 12:01 Edited at: 13th Jul 2005 12:04
PUZZLED
By RUCCUS of RUCCUS.net

Above: PUZZLED Map Editor - Still Being Worked on

Storyline/Info:

PUZZLED puts you into the hectic life of an ambulance driver, forcing you to pick up the patient and get back before time runs out. Each level, you begin in an ambulance at the hospital. Your goal is to reach the patient, pick them up, and get back to the hospital before they die. Pretty simple right? Wrong, because you're not actually in a real town but instead in a training sim designed to help train ER's to get to the destination in the quickest time possible, and this training sim is designed to confuse you. After every block you pass, the street's rotate, changing up the order/direction of the roads. So sure it'll be clear running on the way to the patient, but when you turn around, you're nothing but puzzled.

Crashing into anything increases your damage, if your damae gets to 100 percent you lose and have to retry. You have 3 retry's total. If you hit a bystander (human) then you slow down because you are now carrying them in the back aswell, but hitting too many bystanders get's you a life loss aswell. The retries increase as the difficulty increases, and the allotted time changes as the level changes. After completing each level you'll be given a password to get back to where you left off.

The game will feature single player, a map editor (as seen above), a high score board, and settings to change your gameplay experience.

Im not sure if I can make the deadline since Im going to Alberta this thursday, so basically whatever I havent finished by tonight, Ill have to finish tomorow. If I see that Im not going to make it Ill cut out the big features and try and make a "demo" sort of thing to submit.

So far here's what I have completed:

Map Editor:
- 8 types of roads to place
- 4 types of buildings to place
- Snap to grid allignment
- Free cam rotation around the selected object
- Selection box to show where you are on the grid

Solo Play:
- Basic car speed physics (speeding up, slowing down, turning angles)
- Main controls (accelerate, slow down/reverse, break, turn)
- Polygonal sliding collision (Using COLD )

I've got a lot ahead of me but the hardest part will be the map editor. Once thats complete it should be pretty simple. Im gona stay up as late as possible tonight (basically before I fall asleep on my keyboard) working on it and then wake up early and get back to work on it for all of tomorow. I get back on the 18th so the only way I'll get any more work done on the program after tomorow is if TGC accepts entries until midnight (which I dont think they are, gona go look now).

c/c on the screenie and idea is welcomed, ill post more screens as I add more things. Along with a final demo (not featuring certain things) at the end, if I finish )

- RUCCUS

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:35:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:35:02