Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Blocks - Puzzle Entry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 22:14 Edited at: 13th Jul 2005 22:16
I decided to take a break from my current project for a couple of days to enter something for the puzzle competition.

It's not quite finished yet, the levels are random at the moment and the score isn't showing the score, and there's no menus but other than that it's pretty much finished. You will get a lot less than 60 seconds for each level. More like 5 - 30 for most.

It's actually impossible not to complete a level at the moment. Let me know how high you can go before it starts jerking.

Screenshots

Download

http://bloom.dbspot.com/Blocks.zip

Instructions

Destroy blocks by clicking on a group of two or more of the same colour. You can shuffle the grid by pressing space if none line up. Once there are no more moves to take you will be put onto the next level.

My Showcase - It's DBpro-tastic

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 22:33 Edited at: 13th Jul 2005 23:02
Here's a video of me playing in make-kids-hyper mode (800kb .mov)

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 22:46
That looks very clean Chris, good job

Always available to help
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 22:55
Looks very nice indeed!

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 04:21
Thanks guys.

Here's the new version:
http://bloom.dbspot.com/Blocks.zip

There's no menu at the moment so the modes will just switch alternately between Normal and Time Attack.

Normal you're just trying to get points. Bigger wipes (more blocks) give you much bigger scores, clicking a single block loses you 1000 points. Perfect clears earn you 5000. Watch the timer because you don't get long on the first levels.

In Time Attack you have to try and beat 10 levels in 45 seconds, a perfect clear will buy you 2 extra seconds. It sounds insane but it's just about possible, just go absolutely mad clicking.

Have fun.

GothOtaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 13:45
That looks really cool. Sadly, the link doesn't work right now...
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 18:28
I like this game, I used to play it in the Totally Twisted game pack (from the same makers of the Totally Twisted screensavers in the '90s).

It's actually a very good game for children - without the time limit - for mouse practice, logical thinking and colour matching. My kids were playing this at 4 years old.

I'll download it later and have a bash.

BatVink

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:30:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:30:42