Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I need help with gun offset and bullet holes.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I really need help with these two things.
If you can just give me the basic code then I should be able to work from their.
James Morgan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 07:38
Sorry no code...

To create a bullet hole, you basically just need to create a plain [make object plain object number, width, height] and texture it with a bullet hole. Position and rotate this plain where the bullet hole should be, and Woulha - a bullet hole.

Although to make a more fancy looking bullet hole system, you also need to take the following into account:

Make the texture all one colour, say black and a small grey hole in the middle. When loading this texture set the transparancy to black (or the colour of your choosing) this way, when applying the texture to the plain you wont have a square affect.

Create a function that will create the bullet hole, have this function handle how many bullet holes there are. Otherwise if you keep fireing your gun you will end up with 5000 bullet holes and a VERY slow screen FPS. Basically add a timer, if the bullet has been shown for 1 minute, delete/hide the object. If the bullet hole count reachs 15, reposition the first bullet hole rather than creating another.

With the gun offset, can you be more specific?

J

Hello!
Psycho Joker
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I fixed the gun offset. I need to find the collision with bullet to .x file. Position image to x,y,z collision. How do I find the correct rotation of the image to that of the .x file?
Psycho Joker
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured out how to do them on my own. Thanks anyways

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:31:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:31:29