Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help Understanding BSP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 09:27
Hello everyone!

I've been programming with dbPro for about a month now and I've figured out a lot about the language, and I love it! I can import my 3-D artwork and move it around just nicely.

But, I can't seem to figure out BSP. I would like to make complex levels (in Lightwave 8.0) and use them in my games just like Unreal Tournament, or other proffessional games. But I haven't read any good definitive source that explains BSP and how it works in dbPro.

So if there is anyone out there that can explain or point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This is the end, beautiful friend...
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 11:27 Edited at: 14th Jul 2005 11:27
Hi.

BSP stands for Binary Space Partitioning system or something, and it has in-built collision information and such. BSP is quite easy to use, but is a lot slower than other collision types. I'll see if I have some code somewhere...

Here, I found this "old" code. I'm not sure if it's for any use at all, but it is quite simple. And I think that it works.

*** PANZERGAMES ***
KeNiBu
Years of Service
User Offline
with which programs can i create bsp?

www.kenibu.de.vu
the Last Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2005 12:54
Thanks KLU, but your post still doesn't explain BSP. I don't know any programs that can create BSP or exactly how I can make a BSP map.

Your code only demonstrates basic loading and handling of BSP inside dbPro. I can read the manual for all those commands.

I need to know how to create BSP. Is it through Unreal Tournament's editor?

Thanks for any insight.

This is the end, beautiful friend...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:19:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:19:40