Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Conversation thing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 13:36
Does anyone know how to make a very simple programming script for having a conversation over the internet to other people whom are also using the same program in DarkBASIC Pro? If so reply with the code.
Nytmayre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 01:46
Why ask people to do this for you when you can just give it a go yourself? Lots of people make this mistake, which is why I am the only reply you have got so far.
This is a very helpful forum, but it's occupant's won't go round programming stuff for people who can't be bothered. I'm not saying your lazy or anything, but you can't walk round with that kind of attitude. Give it a try, then ask for help.
If you want advice, then this is the place to go. But if you wan't someone to do it for you, the employ them. Alternatively, consider whether you want to go ahead with programming, because, for the most part, it is about doing something, then making it better.

Sorry if I am being harsh, it's just that we get these sort of threads all the time.

Good luck though,

XX--NYTMAYRE--XX

Dream the world is doing fine, forget the Nytmayres left behind. Nytmayre of the burning sin, nytmayres scream from you deep within.

Uh... What's the point of this bit?
caleb870
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 03:30
I guess actually do kind of sound like bum from saying that. Sorry if I insult people or something in any way. But as the usual excuse in the message board, I am a n00b. I've tried working on making the script but I was thinking of just following the "multiplayer secrets" in the help on DarkBASIC Pro and I try running the code and it says "#100007: Varible " name is not valid at line 11" what is the simple method to fix that?
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 03:40
Amen!
Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
Source Code unavailable. Posit in one of these:

Thanks to Animeblood for the Logo!
Nytmayre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 06:42
How come you guys have posted on the 15th? I am still on the 14th, it is 20 to 10, and I'm shattered. Niyty Niyt...Zzzzzz....zzz...zzzz... killlll......noobs....

(by the way,caleb870, your not a noob, your just inexperienced. very, very, inexperienced. That's why I don't have to kill you.)

P.S I hope your location is not true, if it is, I feel sorry for you.

An Eternal Struggle between good and evil continues...Each side looking for an advantage...Each side looking for me.

Uh... What's the point of this bit?
caleb870
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 11:48
Hope my FUTURE location doesn't turn out to be in a box. I guess my location would be considered 'In the corner of a room infront of a Emachine Win XP Computer'. Because that's really where I actually do live.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:19:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:19:10